Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

I gotta admit, that's shocking.  Maybe if the recce Draken flies along (or I get hung up waiting on paint) I'll keep a grey duck on hot standby.  Not going to commit to one at this point in the game though.  Lots I want to build by the end of the year...and not a lot of free time.

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

well the end of the first week of the tour is nearly upon us and I have already noticed something strange......

Last time there was a brutal fight between Dragon's & Tufted Ducks (Draken's & Viggen's) with the Duck being victorious from memory. Roll on to this adventure and there's not a Duck to be seen, just masses of Draken's...... even a mythical one too! :P

Come on people, we can't have an Nordic GB without some Viggen's, I hope to have mine here but it's still a few weeks away from being sent.

Oh and speaking of grills (we were?), this is for @Marlin, just a nice simple BBQ meal last night, a home cooked burger and fries, Black Angus Beef patty, Onion fried in red wine, American southern style slaw with a nice Black Magic Woman!   :eat:  🥰

IMG_6184-XL.jpg

:tasty: :tasty: :eat: :tasty: :tasty:

I think I've got some Black Angus burgers in the freezer.  :think:

/Bosse

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I really could bring myself to build another Tarangus/Special Hobby Viggen again....... I'm still getting over the last one!!!  :door:

You need my adress to get that curse off ya, UI´ll help you for free even!

;)

(I have 1x SH, 1x SF, 1 xSk and 1x JA in the stash - and one AJ on the workbench - and i ordered the JetMads..)

Happy anniversary!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

I'm sure she returns the favour when you're on walkabout 😉 

that she does, at the moments she's getting more stuff delivered to home from Bunnings (our big Home & Hardware chain) than I do models!!!!  :(

.... pre-dinner drinks 2006 Peterson Sparkling Petit Verdot, almost impossible to buy now, we bought the last bottle from the cellar, real nectar of the gods!

IMG_6185-L.jpg

then a nice simple roast chicken and veggies with a gorgeous Sth Australian Shiraz.... simple but oh so nice! :eat:

IMG_6191-L.jpg

...don't worry, model making will resume today!  :D

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

that she does, at the moments she's getting more stuff delivered to home from Bunnings (our big Home & Hardware chain) than I do models!!!!  :(

See, all the more reason for you to dial it up a notch

On 09/09/2021 at 23:27, trickyrich said:

IMG_6184-XL.jpg

Nice Scottish salad there Rich, but the wine of choice up here is Buckfast.

Not as I thought originally made in Scotland but a cheap quick way for the locals to become completely plastered.

Can't start my build until I finish some of the others already on the go.

Good luck everyone  :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

thanks Pat........ :blink:  arr how many attempts did you have at posting this..... least you got it right on the 7th attempt.......... I see all!!! :D

Problems with the Tartan-internet, kept telling me it hadn't posted, but it was clearly telling porkies !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Problems with the Tartan-internet, kept telling me it hadn't posted, but it was clearly telling porkies !

don't worry the Aussie one goes bush on me often! :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Rich, still not busy with my intended build (a Swedish camouflaged J26). Seeing that Paramedic has nearly the same well under way and that there is no J29 Tunnan in yet, I'm now hesitating what to build. I've got this very nice Pilot Replicas 1/48 kit waiting in the stash The two at the same time is out of question, I'm too slow a builder. Now facing a dilemna. Decisions, decisions .......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paramedic said:

I don´t mind if you do a camo´d J 26 as well by the way. But a J 29 is always nice too! ^^

J29 is on the bench now, so the J26 went further down on my "to do " list. Sorry, you'll have to be very patient.

But I´m not!!

;)

I´m glad you are doing the J 29 though, I want to see the kit being built. :)

..and I might do another J 26 in 1/48. I "need" a NMF one too.. But then i have decals for ray Wetmore´s "Daddy´s Girl". And a few others... Ah.. Gonan be some ponies..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was hoping to join this GB with the Hasegawa Bf109G-2 in Finnish markings.

The box art depicts MT-222 and the instructions contain suggestions for ME-213 and MT-225 as well.

Would anyone in this lounge know (or be able to direct me) to information on what corrections would be required for either of those aircraft?
The decal sheet is long gone, the box has been traveling with me for 9 years now, so I am not really limited to any of the 3 above but currently I am leaning to MT-213, Lt. E. Riihikallio May 1944.

Best Regards
Zack

On 10/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Zack said:

Hello,

I was hoping to join this GB with the Hasegawa Bf109G-2 in Finnish markings.

The box art depicts MT-222 and the instructions contain suggestions for ME-213 and MT-225 as well.

Would anyone in this lounge know (or be able to direct me) to information on what corrections would be required for either of those aircraft?
The decal sheet is long gone, the box has been traveling with me for 9 years now, so I am not really limited to any of the 3 above but currently I am leaning to MT-213, Lt. E. Riihikallio May 1944.

Best Regards
Zack

Hi Zack, feel free to join in, we have someone here who knows a lot about the subject and I think has built all the Finnish Bf-109's, @vppelt68 should be able to help you out with all the info you need.

• Haha 1