Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

I have to apologise folks if I have been as active or annoying as usual!!! :D

I am crazy busy with work travelling and trying to train to newbies :wall:... trust me there is not enough alcohol to numb the pain of that!

Hopefully thing may start to clam down in November as it's also really eating into my modelling time!!

I'm sorry if I haven't commented on your builds, I have been following just not enough time for words of encouragement, but there are some amazing builds going on so keep up the great work.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Hi Zack, feel free to join in, we have someone here who knows a lot about the subject and I think has built all the Finnish Bf-109's, @vppelt68 should be able to help you out with all the info you need.

Funny, but I have already done that at the WW2 aircraft discussion section :giggle:. My bookshelf probably has the answers for Finnish Mersu questions, but not for correcting the unknown to me Hasegawa kit. V-P

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the heads up and welcome!

Hi V-P,
Thank you - I was eager to getting started - I am sorry for double posting.
Won't happen again.
I will summarize the knowledge shared in the general Aircraft WWII thread in the WIP here as soon as i get the camera back from the daughter's wedding party.

Actually I was so restless that I got myself the Special Hobby 32044 Fiat G.50-II Freccia, "Finnish Aces" while waiting 🤪
And V-P, this is same story:
Any advice for the SH kit is very much appreciated!

Very Best regards & TGIF :drink:
Zack

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. Big apology! Having been member 30 to get this GB over the line, I’m sorry to say I am currently sat in the desert completely without models, paints and glue. Sorry I won’t be in, so I’ll have to save the Strv, Viggen or Draken till Nordic III

Some great builds going on though

• Sad 2

On 11/2/2021 at 5:48 AM, Roland Pulfrew said:

Oops. Big apology! Having been member 30 to get this GB over the line, I’m sorry to say I am currently sat in the desert completely without models, paints and glue. Sorry I won’t be in, so I’ll have to save the Strv, Viggen or Draken till Nordic III

Some great builds going on though

sorry to hear that, the GB finishes 26Th Dec, so hopefully you'll be back intimate to join in.

On 11/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, sardaukar said:

Hey, I think there might still be time for me to get in here. I have this in the stash. A swedish tanky thing. So I would like to join.

welcome along, what a great choice, start a thread and join in.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:48 PM, Roland Pulfrew said:

I’ll have to save the Strv, Viggen or Draken till Nordic III

Now that's a great idea! :thumbsup: When are you starting the Nordic III thread @trickyrich? :bounce:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trickyrich said:

well according to the new rules we need to wait a year but as the 2022 GB year is in the process of being determined then there's no reason why we can't try for 2023?

A very excellent idea. In 2023 will I have a year long GB of only Swedish things together with my son Axel to celebrate Sweden's 500 year anniversary as a nation. 

/Bosse 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 1:40 PM, vppelt68 said:

Finnish Government just announced, that in Nordic GB X in 2030 we can build Finnish Air Force F-35A:s. Damn. I'm sorry for SAAB not winning the HX-competition.

and Danish ones already now...

I fear the Gripen, even the E/F  simply is not sufficciently more advanced than the highly upgraded Finnish F/A-18s to justify this long term investment. Saab has already teamed up to develop a stealthy successor with the UK industry and Italy...

Gripen had its time... but I do not think it is going to be much more than a stopgap...

but then even F-16s are stilll sold to countries that can't afford better stuff...

lets see when and how advanced Swedish Es will be available...

• Like 1

But then, the F-16 has been and still is the best fighter ever to give bang for your buck. Not the best in any single aspect, but as whole yes. The true multi role combat aircraft, with a glorious career far from the original idea of the lightweight fighter it once began - the YF-16, just like its competitor the YF-17 that evolved into the spectacular F/A-18.

• Like 2

Dear hosts and  mods, any chance for a sight deadline shift to the right?

Dec 26th is a slightly insuitable day for finishing my Draken...24th  and 25th the same...

🎄 🎅 

Thanks!

• Like 4

On 12/18/2021 at 7:01 AM, exdraken said:

Dear hosts and  mods, any chance for a sight deadline shift to the right?

Dec 26th is a slightly insuitable day for finishing my Draken...24th  and 25th the same...

🎄 🎅 

Thanks!

Same here. The period around Christmas day is often a "black hole" for me in terms of kit building. The only way I could get any kits finished for this GB (and I do have some) is if I took them with me for my Christmas break, which would require some extremely careful packing, as I will be travelling by train. And then some forbearance from the people who I am visiting😑. Now, if there was another week, I'd have all the time I need.

• Like 2