Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

Just a bump for a reminder that this one is just around the corner.  Time to inventory those kits.  Get those last minute paint supplies and details on order...this one will be here before you know it.

Now off to figure out the stores I need for the recce Draken.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Just a bump for a reminder that this one is just around the corner.  Time to inventory those kits.  Get those last minute paint supplies and details on order...this one will be here before you know it.

Now off to figure out the stores I need for the recce Draken.....

Swedish S35 used four standard droptanks for most missions, to get some decent range over the Baltic sea ;)

yes it's almost panic time..... or is for quite a few of us, it's now less than 3 weeks before The Ragnar's European Grand Tour starts!!

In times of past it would have been lock up your women and hide the booze as the Vikings are coming to town!!! Now it's more like hide those model stashes and lock up the LHS as the Britmodeller's GB is coming to town! :D

So time to start getting those builds ready and those orders off for AM bits all model really have to have! :thumbsup:

Plus there is a prize if anyone can find the "Mythical Draken".......... it maybe lost ......... or hidden somewhere! :tease: 

For me it'll be an OOB build, once the huge "Tufted Duck" arrives!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

For me it'll be an OOB build, once the huge "Tufted Duck" arrives!!! :D

Aye, right, sure it will :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marlin said:

I will, and autumn in Sweden means game meat. 

I have some plans for some tasty dishes for this GB.

/Bosse 

Ah is that wat autumn means in Sweden... here it just means "grey skies and rain". 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

Ah is that wat autumn means in Sweden... here it just means "grey skies and rain". 

And here.

ARGHHHH this is nearly here and I haven't finished the Viper yet, nor started the Rhino. May be a later start and less ambitious. At least a F-104 doesn't need AM wings.

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Ah is that what autumn means in Sweden... here it just means "grey skies and rain". 

Not completely true!

East coast of Sweden (where Bosse lives): lovely clear skies, lots of colors of all the trees, fresh air and so on. Very idyllic.

West coast of Sweden (where I live): Grey skies, muddy light and horizontal rain

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Christer A said:

Not completely true!

East coast of Sweden (where Bosse lives): lovely clear skies, lots of colors of all the trees, fresh air and so on. Very idyllic.

West coast of Sweden (where I live): Grey skies, muddy light and horizontal rain

I've been to both coasts, I think you may be on to something here 🤔 

• Haha 1

I've just seen this GB and have a couple of possibles in the stash including one I got this week.

1171328-24719-95-pristine.jpg

RAF 330 Squadron / Royal Norwegian Air Force

Would this be acceptable?

I've also got a new boxing of the SAAB 17 too which would fit the bill.

128710-11185-pristine.jpg

Both of these should be easier than the LeO451 and the Liberator GR Mk V I'm building for the French Fancy and High Wing GB.

I need a nice low stress, low difficulty kit to build and these might well fit the bill.

• Like 1

both are very nice choices.

I have never heard of the Northrop bird before, so a quick check was in order. Fascinating story behind it and those who flew it, most certainly it is eligible. Would love to see this one built. :thumbsup:

oh yeah, this one is coming around super quick.....time for some of us to panic!!!  :frantic:

There's nasty rumour too that there is a Draken hiding somewhere in my stash as well! :bleh:

• Haha 2

I have "German, Finnish and Austrian" packaging of Special Hobby's Fouga CM.170 Magister which I'd like to build in this GB. Mind if I join, @trickyrich? Finnish decals are for FM-65 so there is kinda double nordic connection: not only used by the finns, this specific plane was also manufactured in Finland.

• Like 3

WOOHOOO!!!   :yahoo:  Tufted Durk #2 is ordered..... I have to wait until next year til it's sent...... but still very excited!! 

..... or Thunderbolt.... but i prefer Tufted Duck!   :D

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

WOOHOOO!!!   :yahoo:  Tufted Durk #2 is ordered..... I have to wiait until next year...... but very excited!! 

..... or Thunderbolt.... but i prefer Tufted Duck!   :D

Who doesn't love a Turfed Duck!?! Sure we'll see a few in the GB :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Who doesn't love a Turfed Duck!?! Sure we'll see a few in the GB :) 

...and hopefully a 1/32nd monster!!!

I hope you've gotten that cocktail dress from @modelling minion, he was meant to get it dry cleaned from the Vietnam gig (prob didn't, lazy bugger!)..... you know you have duties coming up in Ragnor's Lounge & Grill!!!  :whip:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1