Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

Only two more names required to take this one to the vote. Come on gang, it'll be fun, we might even convince @trickyrich to build a Draken this time! :o 

• Haha 1

Thanks guys for the first edition, although I only managed to do the minimun, mostly Corona related ... only 1 early gallery entry...

Even managed to miss this thread until now ;)

Obviously one has o do everything onesself here :devil:

Ok, please put me on the list, I could re-start my takeoff Viggen.. that barely made it to the runway at all....

@trickyrich, if you need a challenge do a prototype Draken or the Maestro 2seater conversion ;)

By the way, why is an Aussi hosting a Nordic GB anyways? ;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Haha 2

welcome along, hopefully you can go one better next time.

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

By the way, why is an Aussi hosting a Nordic GB anyways? ;)

...cause I'm bonkers!!! 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

I’m in, again! Might even get my entry finished within the GB window next time. Still working on the J-21 from the first GB!! 🤦🏻

welcome along....again! :D 

You are lucky #30!! :partytime:

there is talk in the wind (namely from those that barely finished in time!!) that we might extend the eligibility for started builds from 25% to 50% or a wee bit more. This would allow those previously started builds and shelf Queens a second chance to join the GB.

• Like 3

I came across this on one of my fav sites.....no not that one!! :blush:

But this one, showing Finland's F-18 participating in an "Elephant Walk" readiness drill.

Some great photos plus cool Videos to go with them...plus links in the videos to heap of other cool Ilmavoimat stuff! :thumbsup:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/33855/more-than-half-of-finlands-f-18-hornets-take-part-in-an-elephant-walk-readiness-drill

It's worth spending so spare/work :D time going through all these cool videos!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the "Elephant walk" was a readiness drill, it was arranged to be done at June 4th, the Finnish Defence Forces Flag day. The 32 participating Hornets formed 8 swarms of 4 aircraft and flew overpasses in dozens of towns. What's cool, the swarms had radiocalls that wrote a message on the map of Finland:

2020-06-06_08-04-06

Gotta love them for doing things like this!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Have I signed up for this? So many GB, I just can’t keep track...

#18.  ;)

Spreadsheets.  You know you wanna.  Just sayin'.....  :coolio:

If you get to 35 I’ll take that slot as it might encourage me to dig out a Heller Draken and join in the fun. 

(If not 35 then 37 and then it’ll have to be a Viggen!). 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rob S said:

If you get to 35 I’ll take that slot as it might encourage me to dig out a Heller Draken and join in the fun. 

Good to hear some of us are intending to do a Draken. Eh @trickyrich :whistle:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, John Masters said:

Have I signed up for this? So many GB, I just can’t keep track...I have a few Viggens too...🤪

it's called the Crono-GB virus....does lots of strange things to people, like making them buy more models than they could possibly every build!!

5 hours ago, helios16v said:

#18.  ;)

Spreadsheets.  You know you wanna.  Just sayin'.....  :coolio:

all hail the God of Spreadsheets!!!  :worthy:

16 minutes ago, Rob S said:

seeing I'm such a nice host I've reserved spot #35 just for you  :D   ....welcome along,

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

Good to hear some of us are intending to do a Draken. Eh @trickyrich :whistle:

:tease:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, John Masters said:

I could sign up again using an alias...

I thought about getting medical papers for a split personality. Could I then have two official memberships with such a document - Gold members both, of course :rofl2: :weep:

Now was it me who wrote that or me? :wicked:

• Haha 3

Hey guys, as a build for Nordic II, doing a trailer for the Volvo F12 which I did in Nordic I wasn't a bad idea, but... I found something which should make an even better build. It's the other big Swedish truck brand!

20200613215912-d7b530d8-me.jpg

This kit has become pretty rare so I'm glad I managed to acquire one.  This time, the parts in the box are looking much better so I may keep them 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Gosh imagine what you'll be able to do without having to build everything from scratch and it's in a big scale......the mind boggles!

Hmm well, I have some ideas... I'll probably need the entire duration of the GB again...

• Haha 2