Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

I know its a dumb question but i am upside down at the bottom of the world ya know..........but......When can we start building ?

3 hours ago, Norman said:

I know its a dumb question but i am upside down at the bottom of the world ya know..........but......When can we start building ?

Hi @Norman, what I understand is that coming November the group build spots for 2021 will be assigned. So we all have to be very patient for a bit!

• Like 1

Decision taken. It will be this one:

spacer.png

J-26 nr. 26003 - F16 Wing Swedish Air Force. Originally P-51D-5 NA sn. 44-13345 "Mary Ann" from 357 th. FG 364 th. FS, pilot 1/Lt. Charles E. Burtner.

Plane interned after a safe landing (with another Mustang that crash landed) at Lomma - Sweden on august 25th. 1944 and transferred to Swedish Air Force.

It appears to be the only Swedish Mustang "D" without a dorsal fin fillet

Note: statements based on Internet references only.

Airfix 1/48 kit nr. 5138 and Moose Republic decals ordered arrived, so no turning back.

• Like 3

On 7/31/2020 at 3:19 PM, Col. said:

Aye, permanently, got as much hair as the emoticons these days :)  

@modelling minion might be able to lend you that polish he uses for his Banana's!

On 7/31/2020 at 5:09 PM, Norman said:

We still have a wee bit to go before we get to that stage, we have enough interested members for the GB to go into Novembers vote/Bum Fight. Then if we get enough votes we go into next years GB calendar. I then get to fight for a build slot. 

I'll try and go for the first slot again like I did for the last GB, think it suited everyone.

So for now just keep an eye out for the voting and don't forget to vote!

On 8/1/2020 at 10:53 AM, PattheCat said:

Decision taken. It will be this one:

spacer.png

J-26 nr. 26003 - F16 Wing Swedish Air Force. Originally P-51D-5 NA sn. 44-13345 "Mary Ann" from 357 th. FG 364 th. FS, pilot 1/Lt. Charles E. Burtner.

Plane interned after a safe landing (with another Mustang that crash landed) at Lomma - Sweden on august 25th. 1944 and transferred to Swedish Air Force.

It appears to be the only Swedish Mustang "D" without a dorsal fin fillet

Note: statements based on Internet references only.

Airfix 1/48 kit nr. 5138 and Moose Republic decals ordered, so no turning back.

Nice!!! :thumbsup: I can't remember if we had a Mustang in this years build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was really looking forward to the original Nordic GB but I unfortunately couldn't join in because of limited free time. So I'm happy to see the possibility of getting a second chance :) I still have the Finnish BT-42 that I planned to make in the original GB & ideas for several diffrent scratch build Swedish tanks too.  

7 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I was really looking forward to the original Nordic GB but I unfortunately couldn't join in because of limited free time. So I'm happy to see the possibility of getting a second chance :) I still have the Finnish BT-42 that I planned to make in the original GB & ideas for several diffrent scratch build Swedish tanks too.  

glad you can make it for round number 2, I'll add you to the list.

On 8/3/2020 at 2:15 AM, trickyrich said:

@modelling minion might be able to lend you that polish he uses for his Banana's!

We still have a wee bit to go before we get to that stage, we have enough interested members for the GB to go into Novembers vote/Bum Fight. Then if we get enough votes we go into next years GB calendar. I then get to fight for a build slot. 

I'll try and go for the first slot again like I did for the last GB, think it suited everyone.

So for now just keep an eye out for the voting and don't forget to vote!

Nice!!! :thumbsup: I can't remember if we had a Mustang in this years build.

Did have one, but it wasn’t green.💚

Edited by Torbjorn

4 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Did have one, but it wasn’t green.💚

My first group build so it should be the most appropriate colour for a greenie's entry, shouldn't it?

Didn't see the Mustang when perusing through the builds????

• 4 weeks later...

Just to tease or excite everyone...me especially!!!! 

Just beast is available for Pre-ordering!!!!!!

https://www.jetmads.com/product-page/1-32-ja37-viggen

Itbhad been originally P-re-released and sold out earlier in the year. Not sure if they increased to production run, been cancellations or an act of God/Enzo.

But they're available again and your's truly has his order in!!! :yahoo:

Oh and at the moment they have a 20% discount for Pre-orders!!

EDIT: looks like there were some cancellations current orders look like they are only for some of the vacancies, so maybe very limited!

• Like 1

I'm foolishly in on the madness as well.  Got an email confirmation from them that they did in fact have a few open...so managed to get in and nab one after work this morning.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does Greenland count? If so I'll get back to my (very much less than 25% built) Greenlandair S-61N.

If not I'm still in. Timing of the last one wasn't great for me and I didn't finish my build, but keen to have another go. I have various options but I'm tempted by a vague memory of a Kar-Air DC-6 freighter at Manchester about 40 years ago.

• Like 1

Best I dip my toes into the mix again, however this time I won’t be too adventurous. I’ll just be boring and commit to only one build - God only knows what that will end up being by then! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Having played hard to get up until now, I've finally capitulated so it will be either;

Danish Fokker DXXI or

Finnish Blenheim on Skis

Both Frog kits 😁

cheers Pat 

resistance is futile!!!!  :dalek:  Both would be nice choices, welcome along.

2 hours ago, zebra said:

Does Greenland count? If so I'll get back to my (very much less than 25% built) Greenlandair S-61N.

If not I'm still in. Timing of the last one wasn't great for me and I didn't finish my build, but keen to have another go. I have various options but I'm tempted by a vague memory of a Kar-Air DC-6 freighter at Manchester about 40 years ago.

Hmmm I actually don't know.....or even thought about it.  :hmmm:

According to that bastion of absolute correct information, Greenland "is an autonomous territory within the Kingdom of Denmark".  So for all intense and purposes could be considered a state of Denmark, so buy the rules be ok.

Military stuff is all out, but civilian registered would be ok. Cool looking choice.

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Best I dip my toes into the mix again, however this time I won’t be too adventurous. I’ll just be boring and commit to only one build - God only knows what that will end up being by then! 
Cheers.. Dave 

another one succumbing to the charm of a Nordic adventure! :D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Having played hard to get up until now, I've finally capitulated so it will be either;

Danish Fokker DXXI or

Finnish Blenheim on Skis

Both Frog kits 😁

cheers Pat 

Or? Or!?! What's this 'or' you speak of Pat? Don't let Enzo hear you talking like that! :o:shutup::nono:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Or? Or!?! What's this 'or' you speak of Pat? Don't let Enzo hear you talking like that! :o:shutup::nono:

Hi Col

You are obviously not a fisherman, part of it, is the fun of baiting the hook and waiting for Enzo to bite ! 🦈

cheers Pat 

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...