Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

34 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Just arrived from big H

spacer.png

Current planning to use that AM for this GB. 

Chris

The Blackbird Models wings for Italeri F-100 Super Sabre? Nice! Been thinking of getting one myself. Not for this GB, though - already did Danish F-100F last year and converted the slats down with the original wings.

Just waiting for big H starting to deliver to EU again, have all kinds of goodies that I would like to have...

@reini yes, got some Wolfpak decals and some photos, so hoping to do one of those very faded RDAF Huns. May chicken out and just do a Starfighter in same scheme. I won't manage both.

Chris

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Col. said:

There, I've fixed that for you :D 

Have a look in your stash and all will be revealed. Or send it to me and I'll show you how to build one - maybe not particularly well but at least the poor neglected thing WILL get built :rolleyes:

That's not how you spell Grey!!!!!  :D

Well I have finally unpacked all my stash, the build ones are in my room and extras are neatly stacked on shelves now in the garage. Problem is The Mythical Draken is in a new box........ which I can't remember what. Guess it'll have to stay Mythical for a bit longer....... will be a nice surprise.......... one day! :tease:

But on to more exciting stuff, DN Models have released masks for the up coming 1/32nd Viggen!!! :yahoo:  Masks for the Splinter scheme, plus a set of insignia & number masks. They're not cheap (actually very expensive) and vinyl which I hate, but they will look so much better painted than decals! I'll get the insignia & markings set and just scale up the 1/48th splinter drawings I have and make proper tape masks. 

Edited by trickyrich
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @trickyrich

Couldn't help but notice that I'm missing from the list of suspects on #1, before I get a persecution complex, I noticed @Rabbit Leader is missing too, so we are either both guilty of something or.....

Might have to revise my chosen victim for this GB as I'm building the Blenheim in the Bristol GB.

Off to the stash for something suitable. 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I noticed @Rabbit Leader is missing too

Thanks for the push / reminder there Pat! 

The problem with these types of GB's is that they are so far from my normal modelling genre, so when they eventually start, I end up getting hooked and jump online to buy a heap of models that I wouldn't normally take a second look at. So, seeing I have a number of unbuilt subjects to choose from after going nuts during the last Nordic GB, it would be silly for me not to participate once again, therefore - I'm in! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

Most excellent Dave!

I had to order some paint a while back to finish up my Skyhawk...so figured if I had to make an order I might as well take advantage of a sale on Aires products and got some dress-up bits for a Draken that will likely surface here.  I'm thinking the recce one...because who doesn't like specialty aircraft/roles.  :D

51255119397_0149c1f476_c.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @trickyrich

Couldn't help but notice that I'm missing from the list of suspects on #1, before I get a persecution complex, I noticed @Rabbit Leader is missing too, so we are either both guilty of something or.....

Might have to revise my chosen victim for this GB as I'm building the Blenheim in the Bristol GB.

Off to the stash for something suitable. 

Cheers Pat 

..........why Pat, you're so much part of the furniture around here (that old crusty looking wing-back chair over in the corner! :bleh: ) I just naturally assume you'll be along for the ride. But to make you feel loved and wanted I'll stick you on the list. Will be interesting to see what you bring along.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for the push / reminder there Pat! 

The problem with these types of GB's is that they are so far from my normal modelling genre, so when they eventually start, I end up getting hooked and jump online to buy a heap of models that I wouldn't normally take a second look at. So, seeing I have a number of unbuilt subjects to choose from after going nuts during the last Nordic GB, it would be silly for me not to participate once again, therefore - I'm in! 

Cheers.. Dave 

see a great chance to thin out the stash.......... so as to make room for more! :D

28 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Most excellent Dave!

I had to order some paint a while back to finish up my Skyhawk...so figured if I had to make an order I might as well take advantage of a sale on Aires products and got some dress-up bits for a Draken that will likely surface here.  I'm thinking the recce one...because who doesn't like specialty aircraft/roles.  :D

51255119397_0149c1f476_c.jpg

haha...... "I just went to order some paint........" :rofl2:   and I thought I was bad! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would like to join in with an S-tank (which autocorrects to 'stank'. I do hope my model wont be a stinker!).

Amazing looking thing, which wouldn't be out of place in the Star Wars universe.

y4mcosDcEs7K6KOY1MYqfkAR_K05rjl3Z2dI1RKg

Photo from Wikipedia

Edited by Bertie Psmith
  • Like 5

On 7/19/2021 at 1:45 AM, trickyrich said:

haha...... "I just went to order some paint........" :rofl2:   and I thought I was bad! :D

You are! But at least Chris is intending to build his Draken :tease:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I would like to join in with an S-tank (which autocorrects to 'stank'. I do hope my model wont be a stinker!).

Amazing looking thing, which wouldn't be out of place in the Star Wars universe.

y4mcosDcEs7K6KOY1MYqfkAR_K05rjl3Z2dI1RKg

Photo from Wikipedia

I love those things.... I have to build one one day!

2 hours ago, Col. said:

What's a Draken????  :shrug:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Good choice on the "intending" word choice.  There is still plenty of time to be swayed by a Viggen or Danish Starfighter...both of which are already acquired.  But I think the Draken is likely since I've picked up the resin bits 'n bobs for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, trickyrich said:

I love those things.... I have to build one one day!

So do I ... now!

y4m3qlqYA5UivqomY_fJjBu714CLzS6J_g3ju4xA

I know this GB is only in the proposal stage but I'm a little hyper at the moment. And even if we don't get a

place in the bunfight, this will be a nice complement to my SWIDISH Ikea furniture, which also came in kit form.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

So do I ... now!

y4m3qlqYA5UivqomY_fJjBu714CLzS6J_g3ju4xA

I know this GB is only in the proposal stage but I'm a little hyper at the moment. And even if we don't get a

place in the bunfight, this will be a nice complement to my SWIDISH Ikea furniture, which also came in kit form.

oh no, this passed the Bunfight last year, this one starts 4th September!!

So your timing is perfect.......that's if you can hold off building her.

All the GB's and STGB's in the Future GB section havel had their glory in the Bunfight..... well not the STGB's. But their turn will come this year.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, trickyrich said:

oh no, this passed the Bunfight last year, this one starts 4th September!!

So your timing is perfect.......that's if you can hold off building her.

All the GB's and STGB's in the Future GB section havel had their glory in the Bunfight..... well not the STGB's. But their turn will come this year.

Ok thanks, It's a bit overwhelming finding my way around here at times. There's a lot of it to take in in the first few weeks.

And Good-oh! This one definitely deserves a diorama as an ambush tank in its scrape in the trees. I was glad to find that this B model is one of those with the dozer blade (only one per platoon apparently) so I might set that in action. Time permitting of course.

• Like 2

• trickyrich changed the title to Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021 - 4th Sep to 26 Dec
6 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

@trickyrich, I realise why I was confuses. Most of the confirmed group buildies have they date in the title, nar we don't.

been corrected!! :D

But you're right, I didn't really notice that is was missing, The Great & Mighty Enzo the Magnificent, the leader/deity of our band of grubby & unworthy GB modellers usually adds that!

This GB must have been unworthy!!! :yikes: 

Must run out and burn some models to appease him..... trumpeter ones.... I won't miss them! :D

• Haha 2

Would a 787-8 in Norwegian Long Haul livery qualify ? ( Carries an Irish Reg). Have done quite a lot of Nordic shopping so plenty to choose from 

Martin H

2 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Would a 787-8 in Norwegian Long Haul livery qualify ? ( Carries an Irish Reg). Have done quite a lot of Nordic shopping so plenty to choose from 

Martin H

as long as it has Norwegian livery it'll be find.... and nice to see in the GB as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...