Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

Pardon my lack of culture, but what's the difference between a GB and a STGB? I hope that my mojo will be back before september, so may I still enlist for other already planned GB's?

Thanks.

Pat.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

Pardon my lack of culture, but what's the difference between a GB and a STGB? I hope that my mojo will be back before september, so may I still enlist for other already planned GB's?

Thanks.

Pat.

Hi Pat! A "GB" or Group Build is based on some kind of theme in which you can build anything you like providing it fits the theme. An "STGB" or Single Type Group Build is where you all build the same thing, like a Spitfire or a Tiger 1 or something. 

You can always join every active group build once they're up and running, even if you didn't "sign up" beforehand. For GB's the rule is: the more the merrier 🙂 

• Thanks 2

Thanks Jeroen.

I've got a 1/48 Revell kit of the "Spirit of St Louis" (that one was quite hard to find) and a Tamiya 1/48 "Storch" I'd like to build this year, also my wife offered me Wolfpack's 1/48 T-38 "Talon NASA" for Christmas.

Good reasons to join the unarmed or high wing GB's.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

Thanks Jeroen.

I've got a 1/48 Revell kit of the "Spirit of St Louis" (that one was quite hard to find) and a Tamiya 1/48 "Storch" I'd like to build this year, also my wife offered me Wolfpack's 1/48 T-38 "Talon NASA" for Christmas.

Good reasons to join the unarmed or high wing GB's.

Absolutely. Basically, every reason is a good reason to join a GB 🙂 ... it's good for mojo too. 

• Like 1

And HOW could I have missed this?!? A pity that I spent three months building ten Nordic subjects in the Heller GB. But hey, no problem. I have a huuuuuge stash of Nordic subjects. So put me up for this one. The goal must of course be to build one model from each country, although it may be a little optimistic. But why not try it? Here are a number of kits that I plan to build in this GB:

- 1/48 or 1/72 Hasegawa Saab J 35FS Draken (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/72 or 1/48 Canadair CF-104 Starfighter one or two-seater (Norwegian Air Force)
- 1/72 or 1/48 Tarangus Saab J 32 Lansen (Swedish Air Force)
- 1/72 Hobbyboss Westland Lynx Mk. 90 (Danish Navy)

- 1/144 Airfix or Revell DC-10 (Icelandair)

If I can find the time, some of them can be replaced by some of these substitutes (although all of them may be a little too time-consuming):

- 1/48 Kinetic F-5 (Norwegian Air Force)
- 1/48 Airfix Hawker Hunter (Danish Air Force)
- 1/48 Eduard MiG-21bis (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/48 Italeri BAe Hawk (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/48 Academy KV-107-II (Swedish Air Force)

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Bjorn said:

And HOW could I have missed this?!? A pity that I spent three months building ten Nordic subjects in the Heller GB. But hey, no problem. I have a huuuuuge stash of Nordic subjects. So put me up for this one. The goal must of course be to build one model from each country, although it may be a little optimistic. But why not try it? Here are a number of kits that I plan to build in this GB:

- 1/48 or 1/72 Hasegawa Saab J 35FS Draken (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/72 or 1/48 Canadair CF-104 Starfighter one or two-seater (Norwegian Air Force)
- 1/72 or 1/48 Tarangus Saab J 32 Lansen (Swedish Air Force)
- 1/72 Hobbyboss Westland Lynx Mk. 90 (Danish Navy)

- 1/144 Airfix or Revell DC-10 (Icelandair)

If I can find the time, some of them can be replaced by some of these substitutes (although all of them may be a little too time-consuming):

- 1/48 Kinetic F-5 (Norwegian Air Force)
- 1/48 Airfix Hawker Hunter (Danish Air Force)
- 1/48 Eduard MiG-21bis (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/48 Italeri BAe Hawk (Finnish Air Force)
- 1/48 Academy KV-107-II (Swedish Air Force)

that is a very impressive list, I think 9 complete builds from one member is the record from the last Nordic GB.

so make note in your diary for this one!

• 2 weeks later...

to those that may be interested (some may know already), but Pilot-Replicas has just announced their next release!

1/32nd SAAB-105!!!!!!!

....nuh 🤣  .......but it will be a 1/48th SAAB J29 B, the box shot has that cool UN version in that crazy scheme......I may have to get this one!

Edited by trickyrich
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

well actually anyone who happens to be following Pilot-Replicas on facebook will now know I wasn't that far off, they just posted the following info!!!

The 1/48th SAAB J29B is in production..........

...... a 1/48th SAAB 105 (SK60) is also in production.......

..... and finally there is a 1/48th 2-Seater Vampire on the way! 

Bugger building the "Mythical Draken" me wants to build the SAAB 105, so me will be keeping a very close eye on their site!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...Bugger building the "Mythical Draken" me wants to build the SAAB 105, so me will be keeping a very close eye on their site!!!

:rolleyes: Honestly, any excuse.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Col. said:

:rolleyes: Honestly, any excuse.

.... like that is direly needed when trying to get away  with pleading special circumstances in front of the Domestic High Court (*)

(*) may teleworking be cursed

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 00:09, trickyrich said:

that is a very impressive list, I think 9 complete builds from one member is the record from the last Nordic GB.

so make note in your diary for this one!

Well, I managed to build 12 complete builds in the recent Heller GB. So just five - or nine - seems to be an easy task. :D 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bjorn said:

Well, I managed to build 12 complete builds in the recent Heller GB. So just five - or nine - seems to be an easy task. :D 

careful we may hold you to that! :D

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

My current plan is for one kit each of a Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian-operated aircraft. I've even got them set aside already. Hell, I bought two of them only last week.

• Like 4

well to prove I have completely lost it, I've just put my name down for another 1/32nd Viggen, this will be from the second release of the JetMADS Viggen.

Now I can have a boring Grey one to go with the trippy splinter one! :D

...and yes there is every chance I'll be building one for this GB as well.......probably a Grey one........ with a colourful tail!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 15/03/2021 at 03:10, klr said:

My current plan is for one kit each of a Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian-operated aircraft. I've even got them set aside already. Hell, I bought two of them only last week.

That is a solid plan :) What planes have you chosen?

On 18/03/2021 at 19:27, trickyrich said:

well to prove I have completely lost it, I've just put my name down for another 1/32nd Viggen, this will be from the second release of the JetMADS Viggen.

Now I can have a boring Grey one to go with the trippy splinter one! :D

...and yes there is every chance I'll be building one for this GB as well.......probably a Grey one........ with a colourful tail!

Oh man :D You really are mad... JetMad! :drunk:But it's awesome that you are planning to build it for this GB, can't wait to see the kit 'in action'.

BTW what livery are you planning for your Draken build? :giggle:

• Haha 4

On 3/24/2021 at 4:54 AM, reini said:

That is a solid plan :) What planes have you chosen?

That would be telling ...

... OK: Heller Thunderjet, for both Danish and Norwegian AF

Heller Saab Viggen, probably built as either the recce or trainer version

Hobby 2000 (ex-Hasegawa) Brewster 239 (i.e., the Buffalo), "Finnish Aces"

There may be room for second Swedish subject, we shall see.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, trickyrich said:

Now I can have a SILVER one to go with the trippy splinter one! :D

There, I've fixed that for you :D 

On 3/24/2021 at 9:37 PM, trickyrich said:

What's a Draken????  :whistle:

Have a look in your stash and all will be revealed. Or send it to me and I'll show you how to build one - maybe not particularly well but at least the poor neglected thing WILL get built :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 31/03/2021 at 22:14, stevej60 said:

I was looking through the decal stash and found a set of Finnish F-18 decal's I assume for the FA/18A?

We have the F/A-18C and two seater D models.

We are currently looking for a new jet to replace the Hornet by the way. Gripen, F-35, Super Hornet... and couple other choices. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, reini said:

We have the F/A-18C and two seater D models.

We are currently looking for a new jet to replace the Hornet by the way. Gripen, F-35, Super Hornet... and couple other choices. 

There's some difference in the appearance of our original F-18 C/D:s compared to their current MLU:ed F/A- status. Not in camouflage and markings, though, but in the business end of them. More AGM goodies to hang under fuselage and wings, and the IFF bird slicers in front of the cockpit.

• Like 2