Ragnar's Lounge and Grill - Nordic II Chat - Bar closed..... for now

Well thats all about as clear as mud, or maybe its not ?....yes yes it is ........no wait , oh i dunno 

Can someone please explain in 'simple' terms what the hell is going on here ?

PLEASE

Best wishes

Lost in Straya

25 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

We pretty much had every means of transport last time, we just needed a boat and a train to complete it.

I seem to recall you building a boat... 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

We pretty much had every means of transport last time, we just needed a boat and a train to complete it. Can we go better this time, can we beat 104+ builds in the gallery??

You did a boat yourself ya clown! :doh: Quick, someone find him some resin to sniff :tease:

Sure we'll have a good go to better that previous attempt to break the gallery, oops I mean, set a new record :innocent:

• Haha 4

Dear future GB hosts @trickyrich @Marlin @reini and @Col., I have a question for you to judge. During the WW2, several more or less damaged Allied aircraft seeked safety by heading North to Sweden. The aircraft and most of the crews spent rest of the war interned there. Would you count a model of such aircraft - maybe some visible damage, painted over stars and bars and removed armament - eligible in this GB? V-P

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Dear future GB hosts @trickyrich @Marlin @reini and @Col., I have a question for you to judge. During the WW2, several more or less damaged Allied aircraft seeked safety by heading North to Sweden. The aircraft and most of the crews spent rest of the war interned there. Would you count a model of such aircraft - maybe some visible damage, painted over stars and bars and removed armament - eligible in this GB? V-P

Just speaking for my self, I can't see why not. 

I think at least one P-51 Mustang ended up in the Swedish Airforce that way. 

And I think there were others as well. 

And then we have the British Mosquito Courier service G-AGGE operated by BOAC and one other I can't remember.

/Bosse - who has already stocked up on charcoal for the coming BBQ feast.  :cheers: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn´t build this exact plane, though, as I have another one in mind (with pics of the actual interned plane too), but this preserved Fortress has a lot of GB options for 2021!

B-17 42-32076 / Shoo Shoo Shoo Baby Delivered Denver 24/1/44; Cheyenne 28/1/44; Gr Island 6/2/44; Presque Is 29/2/44; Assigned 401BS/91BG [LL-E] Bassingbourn 23/3/44; Missing in Action 23m Posnan 29/5/44 (9INT); flak, three engines out, force landed Bulltofta Afd, near Malmo, Swed; Missing Air Crew Report 5354. Used as Swedish airliner SE-BAP, the sold to Denmark for $1 and called STIG VIKING, later to STORE BJORN on African routes; bought by IGNF as F-BGSH for geographical work before retiring at Creuil, Fr; sold to USAF for 20 cents and re-stored at Wright-Patterson in over 60,000 man hours. Now static in AF Museum, Dayton, Oh., as SHOO SHOO SHOO BABY.

https://worldairphotography.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/the-story-about-the-only-b-17-flying-fortress-in-the-royal-danish-air-force/

1) Nordic 2) French 3) Unarmed 4) Africa!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Marlin said:

Just speaking for my self, I can't see why not. 

I think at least one P-51 Mustang ended up in the Swedish Airforce that way. 

And I think there were others as well. 

And then we have the British Mosquito Courier service G-AGGE operated by BOAC and one other I can't remember.

/Bosse - who has already stocked up on charcoal for the coming BBQ feast.  :cheers: 

Hey, don't you steal my Swedish adopted Mustang or I'll kick in the stretchers! Just kidding.

Just saw that Eduard will realese a weekend edition of the early "D's" in january. So a big doubt now Airfix or Eduard kit????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Sure I'm correct in saying these are eligible but will await on @trickyrich having final say.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

You did a boat yourself ya clown! :doh: Quick, someone find him some resin to sniff :tease:

Sure we'll have a good go to better that previous attempt to break the gallery, oops I mean, set a new record :innocent:

Oh that's right I did!!! :D

7 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

They should be fine as long as it's clear as to why they are being built.....would be some interesting "additions".

7 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Hello Vikings, Here's a subject, about which I consulted TrickyRich, during the bunfight.

Designed in Sweden, so approved - and I cast my vote in favour last night.

Airfix-Bofors.jpg

Joining you in September.

I'm sure someone asked me this last time, the question would be was it made under license from Sweden or was it manufactured there? Ideally it really should be manufactured there.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:52 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Hello Vikings, Here's a subject, about which I consulted TrickyRich, during the bunfight.

Designed in Sweden, so approved - and I cast my vote in favour last night.

Airfix-Bofors.jpg

Joining you in September.

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'm sure someone asked me this last time, the question would be was it made under license from Sweden or was it manufactured there? Ideally it really should be manufactured there.

If not it's eligible for the Interceptor GB :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oh that's right I did!!! :D

They should be fine as long as it's clear as to why they are being built.....would be some interesting "additions".

That's NOT what was said in PM on 21 Nov 2020!!  Which was complimented for thinking outside of the box.

5 hours ago, Col. said:

If not it's eligible for the Interceptor GB :)

See I’m not sure about that. To me the verb “to intercept” implies simultaneous movement by both parties. Maybe if the Bofors was firing while being hauled by the tractor. Which would be pretty damn impressive. 😁

5 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

See I’m not sure about that. To me the verb “to intercept” implies simultaneous movement by both parties. Maybe if the Bofors was firing while being hauled by the tractor. Which would be pretty damn impressive. 😁

Let's just say the title is a very loose definition to create as inclusive a GB as possible ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Let's just say the title is a very loose definition to create as inclusive a GB as possible ;) 

Thanks for that warm and inclusive invitation Col.

I like to build at least one non-aircraft subject each year - and the Bofors could be the first for 2021.

see you in the New Year. 

27 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Thanks for that warm and inclusive invitation Col.

I like to build at least one non-aircraft subject each year - and the Bofors could be the first for 2021.

see you in the New Year.

@trickyrich meant no offence Tim and I'm not trying to poach a potential subject from another GB, it can be hard to keep track of all our correspondence during multiple GBs :frantic:, but if it helps you free up another subject for Nordic II the invitation is open :) 

7 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

That's NOT what was said in PM on 21 Nov 2020!!  Which was complimented for thinking outside of the box.

I didn't say no, and yes that is/was thinking out of the box but we just need to be careful about the box.

Sort of meaning the build needs to fit the rules/eligibility and not the rules/eligibility fitting the build.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, pabbi said:

...go on a European tour with Ragnar !  Ragnar who ?

I’m in, but not sure what I will build 

cheers, Ragnar 

Ragnar is @trickyrich mythical Draken-slaying alter-ego :wicked:

• Haha 2

Its going to be a couple of Danish 1/48 F-16's one in the overall flag scheme for me and a 1/35 Leopard tank i think, having recently had my DNA tested by Ancestry .com i found my line extended from Norfolk across to Iceland and Denmark so i may also build a Viking ship...maybe

Lets get cracking.......soon

Merry Xmas all !!!

• Like 2