Airfix Bullnose Morris Cowley ++ FINISHED ++

19 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

PS Cliff please rescue me by updating us on the Bullnose !

OK Pat, here comes the cavalry :hobbyhorse:

All parts are now prepped and ready for primer.  Relative to my usual fodder of aircraft kits, there's very little construction possible with this Morris until all the parts are painted.

Dry fitting threw up a problem with the headlights, which wouldn't fit because they clashed with the mudguards.  The problem's with the design of the kit - the mounting posts are moulded vertically, whereas on the real thing they slope forwards.  So I've replaced the kit's posts with some new ones.

P1110551.JPG

Cheers

• Like 7

Thank you @modelling minion @Jinxman and @Dansk

The main painting is now nearly finished, with just one more thin coat needed (hopefully), to give a uniform gloss in all places.

P1110564.JPG

While I've been waiting for successive coats to dry, I've been painting the the ancillary pieces too.  Barring disasters, I should be OK for the deadline :).

Cheers

• Like 8

Thanks @Jinxman and @modelling minion

For the gloss, I'm just using well thinned coats of Humbrol enamel - no polishing afterwards.  In the photo, the black has had two coats and the yellow has had three.

Having used acrylics for ages, I'm enjoying these enamels for a change.  They spray and self-level beautifully, mainly because they don't dry instantly.  They also make for a more leisurely build (which is good), as you wait hours for the coats to dry :sleep_1:

Cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dansk said:

Do you thnk you’ll manage to finish it for this weekend Cliff? It would be a great addition to the gallery

Thanks for the nudge Paul.

I think I should be OK.  Here's where it currently is (with everything balanced, rather than stuck together).

P1110568.JPG

Cheers

• Like 7

Thank you @Hewy @modelling minion and @Dansk.  A few bright colours and a bit of gloss always helps!

Anyway, it's finished now.  A stop-start build, that I've thoroughly enjoyed.  

P1110579.JPG

Thank you to all who have supported this build and especially to @Dansk @modelling minion and @Hewy for hosting so well.  Such an active GB, must have been extremely hard work :clap2:.

Cheers,

• Like 10

It really is a fantastic result Cliff, as Glynn says this has been a superb build from start to finish.

The paintwork is to a really high standard and looks extremely smart.

So glad that you decided to build this for the GB Cliff, its been great to follow something different.

Very well done mate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

Thank you to all who have supported this build and especially to @Dansk for hosting so well.  Such an active GB, must have been extremely hard work Paul :clap2:

Absolutely Stunning result Cliff really its so perfect. :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind comment, I think most praise should go to craig @modelling minion he's been serving the GB forum 24/7 like a trooper! I couldn't have handled it without him.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1