Cracking the WIP - 2024 Group builds

Was cruising through this thread and loving the progress on each of those builds... an actual gasp of surprise/horror when I got to the pic of the collapsed shelves.

Amazing work on such a variety of projects. The damaged ones couldn't be in better hands as far as you having what it takes to get them back to completion.

• Thanks 1

50435727078_f6d514c8c7_c.jpg
The hind is starting to look evil :) 

Excluding things I’ve painted a bit and put back into their box; the following are officially in WIP:-

1. The Hind (kit)

2. 1/48 Taube (Scratch)

3.1/72 TA154 (kit)

4. 1/48 Junkers JI (Scratch)

5. 1/48 SeaBee (kit)

6.1/72 Handley Page O/400 (kit)

7. 1/48 Albatross CIX (scratch)

8. 1/48 Sopwith Swallow (scratch) 

9. 1/35 M3 Stuart (kit)

Yay single digits :)Except for the Albatross and the Swallow the rest are all fairly close to finished, a couple of hours bench time each would see most of them done; wouldn’t be beyond me to clear that list before the end of the year.

Which of course means that 2020 will have been a bumper year for finished builds thanks to COVID :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

50510314852_b688dea24a_c.jpg

A bit more of paintwork on the Seabee.

50508631478_5baf0c4df4_c.jpg
The M3 is finished.

So that leaves:

1. 1/48 Taube (Scratch)

2. 1/72 TA154 (kit)

3. 1/48 Junkers JI (Scratch)

4. 1/48 SeaBee (kit)

5. 1/72 Handley Page O/400 (kit)

6. 1/48 Albatross CIX (scratch)

7. 1/48 Sopwith Swallow (scratch) 

Not counting the Polikarpov the buffalo, the spitfire, the Dr1 and the three other Sopwiths that all have some paintwork done but no actual assembly.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 12:47 PM, Marklo said:

50510314852_b688dea24a_c.jpg

A bit more of paintwork on the Seabee.

50508631478_5baf0c4df4_c.jpg
The M3 is finished.

So that leaves:

1. 1/48 Taube (Scratch)

2. 1/72 TA154 (kit)

3. 1/48 Junkers JI (Scratch)

4. 1/48 SeaBee (kit)

5. 1/72 Handley Page O/400 (kit)

6. 1/48 Albatross CIX (scratch)

7. 1/48 Sopwith Swallow (scratch) 

Not counting the Polikarpov the buffalo, the spitfire, the Dr1 and the three other Sopwiths that all have some paintwork done but no actual assembly.

It looks like you maybe seeing a light at the end of this Loooong tunnel. Oh wait , its just a train coming. Great work so far Marklo. Sorry about the Cabinet failure.. been there, not a happy time.. I thought i was a slacker with only 3 partial builds in the wings., 2 more restorations and a plethora 

of others just chomping at the bit to wanting begin. But none the less, excellent job and progress so far. I shall cheer you on from the sidelines Guinness in hand.

• Thanks 1

I may not be as prolific as @corsaircorp but I do have quite a few builds on the go. Tbh if I can get things down to one shelf ( say a tank, one or two scratch builds and one or two Oob projects, otherwise I just annoy myself with having to juggle too many things) I’ll be happy :) So I’m trying to be really really disciplined about starting things until I gay there, which is feasible by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

I may not be as prolific as @corsaircorp but I do have quite a few builds on the go. Tbh if I can get things down to one shelf ( say a tank, one or two scratch builds and one or two Oob projects, otherwise I just annoy myself with having to juggle too many things) I’ll be happy :) So I’m trying to be really really disciplined about starting things until I gay there, which is feasible by the end of the year. 

• Haha 1

Not as prolific as CC ??

Are you kidding ??? 

You finished more than I did...

Sorry for the cabinet... Did it start a full broadside of pure Irish bad words ??

If such a drama happen in CC's castle, You'll hear me, I bet !!

Glad that you have fixed the problem...

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

. Did it start a full broadside of pure Irish bad words ??

And then some :)

Although funnily enough they don’t teach any of the more colourful aspects of the Irish language in school, I think I actually know more expletives in French than I do Irish.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Didn't think you would be building a Spitfire  model Mark!!!

I do have all the old faithfuls in my collection including a spitfire, a mustang , a hurricane and an me109 and I have a spitfire mkXIV in my stash, but yes these days I favour the eclectic.

• Like 2

• Marklo changed the title to Cracking the WIP - A Bit more progress

50562120308_aa7f4c5ea1_c.jpg

Some pant on the Moskito.

50557847163_ff62879408_c.jpg

Some decals on the Seabee the homemade decals are working surprisingly well.

50558710267_5cb5754497_c.jpg Decided  to redo the struts and rigging on the HP my rigging techniques have improved so much I just couldn’t leave them as was.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Marklo changed the title to Cracking the WIP - PB31 and little else

50644138453_b62b42d9a0_c.jpg
I’m  pretty much focusing on the PB31 and it’s starting to come together. Here it is with the lower inner mid wings and tail fitted. Fuselage cutouts completed; cupola assembled and dry fitted to the assembly along with the front decking. Interior and remaining wing centre sections next.

One fly in the ointment; I’ve almost run out of 20 thou and 1mm sheet ( more on order) but I may not have enough on hand for the eight outer wing sections till that arrives in the post.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...