Poll:Which is the better !/48 Sea Fury Trumpeters's or Airfix's

LorenSharp

I just finished an Airfix one, having built 2 Hobbycraft kits with all the Barracuda aftermarket, and bought and sold the Trumpeter kit.  I did replace the airfix cockpit with Roys master piece but frankly the cockpit aperture is so small and painted black, I know the detail is there but I think the Airfix cockpit would not need much to dress it up. I will try in my next one planned for later this year.  I also did not use the Barracuda wheel well or U/C either as I just added a load of wiring to both which to my eye looks " good enough" , especially as little can be seen save the brake lines when the model is on its wheels.  I did but the Aerocraft resin cowling but it seemed a little too wide for the kit fuselage so I fettled the kit parts and got a pretty decent result ( as the plastic is very workable).  I will use the resin on my my AMG Iraqi  2 seater which needs it more.  Not great photos from my elderly I phone SE - http://ipmsavon.org.uk/build-page.php?page_id=111#214-2

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had completely forgot about this thread I started many moons ago. I want to thank everyone for their insighful and invaluable assistance in helping me with my Hawker SeaFury choice. I opted for the Airfix Export version of the Seafury which I hope to do a WIP soon. Many thanks to all. I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.😁

• Like 3