Hobbyboss 1/72 P 39 Q Airacobra.

G'day again Chums,yet another one from the shelf of doom.This one stalled about six years ago after I'd glued it together in a fit of enthusiasm and then discovered the pressing requirement for noseweight.The other day I took one of my recently acquired Tritool saws to the joint line and then spent the best part of a couple of days cutting and shaping some Lead to fit into a tiny and not all available space in the nose.Anyway,here she is and I'm quite pleased with how she's turned out.When I build another one I'll shorten the mainlegs which will impart the characteristic tail down sit.

sHUXPOAi_o.jpg

RVu9zP8T_o.jpg

humm1Ebj_o.jpg

OSkqYL1P_o.jpg

1NyFS8FE_o.jpg

tzS5Gc14_o.jpg

J4M4XU52_o.jpg

56jhkimR_o.jpg

IUtQe322_o.jpg

Thanks for looking in chums,be good and stay safe.

Edited by Alex Gordon
  • Like 11

• 7 months later...

An excellent P-39. As I can see from your post you invested a lot of time and effort to overcome the noseweight problem and finally achieved a great result. I guess this is really tricky given the fact that there is so little space available. I recently argued in another thread that this is actually a reason to shy away from the Hobby Boss kit in favour of other P-39s kits in that scale as long as you don´t want to build it wheels up or put it on a diorama base.

• Like 1