1:72 E-2C Hawkeye

Anatol Pigwa

E-2C E-2C

I started this model on the weekend, oblivious of the GB. But before I omit such a gorgeous plane I thought it is better I just post an entry and ask for forgivess later.

It will be mostly an OOB, although I may slap some aftermarket decals on the plane.

@rob85 please confirm if this level of work is acceptable for the entry.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

E-2C E-2C

I started this model on the weekend, oblivious of the GB. But before I omit such a gorgeous plane I thought it is better I just post an entry and ask for forgivess later.

It will be mostly an OOB, although I may slap some aftermarket decals on the plane.

@rob85 please confirm if this level of work is acceptable for the entry.

It looks like it’s fine to me, please crack on.

Rob

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm back at the back of the Nordic GB.

There has been some development in between. The cockpit is finished, the fuselage and wings are glued together and is has absolved already a hard touchdown on PVC flooring (fortunately it could be glued again with no visible damage.

A joy but also a quite absorbing are the decals which go onto the propellers. With twenty decals per propeller that is almost more than some kits have altogeher for a whole model. Next Comes the PSR i believe (what does the R stand for anyway?). Also some priming and painting, due to the tricky setup of the landing hook.

In the lower Right Hand corner you'll see a spruce of my second entry. can you guess from here what it is?   

DSC_4705

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok unfortunately I won't be able to finish the GB as i will be preoccupied for the net two weeks and nowhere near by modelling desk.

while I could glue the final two antennas on, there is no snowballs chance in hell, that I will get painting done in time, which also means no decals. I should have though this trough before and just masked the black wing edges after priming. Oh well.

I leave you with some pictures of the model in it's current state. I hope to finish it by the end of June as part of "they also served"- the same goes for the Etendard.

2020-05-28_07-50-22

2020-05-28_07-51-01

2020-05-28_07-51-21

• Like 4

Looking good Marcin, pity it won’t be finished for the GB, but please continue to post progress.

AW