Hasegawa Spitfire Mk. I 1/72

One last shot for tonight.
Standing on her own legs and looking spitfire like.

Spitfire shaped

50150502103_80515e4e17_b.jpg

For some reason the Battle of Britain theme started playing in my head as soon as I put her down...

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 7

Complete with (badly) hand painted canopy with freehand framing (for added authenticity. Just lacking the fingerprints of last time) Nearly done. A clear coat and some decals and she’ll be ready to take her place next to her (younger) sisters.

50158822437_4d0e6c71ab_b.jpg 50158030668_57562ab9b2_b.jpg

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 6

And she’s done.

It’s been a great trip down memory lane and nice to just worry about ‘does it look right’ rather than is the camo correct(😉) are all seams perfectly hidden is the paint absolutely smooth etc...whilst this has taken significantly longer to build than that first spitfire (knocked out in a couple of days in front of the tv with a tube of glue, paints and Battle of Britain on the tv) As a modeller I have to say this has been as much fun now as it was all those years ago. Thank you for the reminder that happiness can often be ‘1/72 spitfire-shaped.’ Now if you’ll excuse me I’m off to strafe the cat ‘Takka takka takka takka...’

50176344127_6c2093e88e_b.jpg

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 6

The cat was suitably unimpressed, the toddler was amused and SWMBO rolled her eyes. 

Now I’ll give it a few years and watch Battle of Britain with the son complete with a spitfire to manoeuvre. 

Thank you for the support and well wishes, it hasn’t been a ‘perfect’ build but  has been perfectly imperfect and was a lot of fun!

Edited by Rafwaffe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2