Special Hobby 1/72 Fouga CM170 Magister

Completed earlier this year. A nice quick build this one despite a high parts list for its size.

Purchased a couple of Simple sets from Special Hobby at Telford & used individual markings & stencils from a Modeldecal sheet & Model Art sheet for the tail plane flourescent markings.

Didn't have any aftermarket parts for the cockpit which is highly visible, but I always cut strips from swan & Morton blade packets for seat straps so that adds some focus.

Primed & sprayed with Mig One Shot & used their Mig metals.

49478989947_a94708e0a8_b.jpg

49478764466_c2a4d5c871_b.jpg

49478712241_e8a9e5b85f_b.jpg

Some of the parts are minute! The wing tip lights were clear parts comparable to large grains of sand & inevitably one of them pinged across the room, so I just

used accelerated thick CA for them. Amazing how CA conforms to compound curves!

Thanks for looking!

Martin

• Like 30

12 minutes ago, cardiff guy said:

very nice, lovely finish.

regards Glenn.

Cheers Glenn, was very happy with those Mig acrylic metals.

6 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Beautiful! Elegant little jet trainer.

Cheers, they are definitely elegant. Much missed at airshows!

9 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Superb results Martin!!!!! :clap2:

Mike

6 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Great Fouga, lovely finish 

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Great looking Magister, really nice work

Many thanks guys, much appreciated!

All the best!

Martin

Very nice, Martin. I'm really pleased to see this. I have one of these in the queue plus a Max Decals set for it. Soon, I hope! Any niggles with it?

Martin

@Wez should love this :)

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1

Nice to see a Magister on this site.  Even better when it is a very nice example such as this one.  Nice finish with the NMF and Dayglo.

Well done Martin and thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Martin. I'm really pleased to see this. I have one of these in the queue plus a Max Decals set for it. Soon, I hope! Any niggles with it?

Martin

@Wez should love this :)

Hi Martin, the only niggle was that the centre canopy section was moulded in two separate parts. That & the rear seat periscope (in two miniscule parts) goes through the centre. Everything is over engineered for such a small kit, which is no bad thing!

I also purchased the old Airfix kit with the Irish decals just for the side stencils, so I can build a slightly simpler kit! Max decals? Would be interested to know what's on that sheet.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Max decals? Would be interested to know what's on that sheet.

Hi Martin,

It is Sheet 7205 and has German, Togo, Gabon (my subject build), Morocco, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Ireland (3 variants) and Finland (5 variants). It looks nicely printed.

Martin

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Martin,

It is Sheet 7205 and has German, Togo, Gabon (my subject build), Morocco, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Ireland (3 variants) and Finland (5 variants). It looks nicely printed.

Martin

Just seen that review of the sheet on arcair. Looks like a very comprehensive sheet with all the canopy release markings which is handy. Some very colourful birds on there plus I've discovered a new country! I always thought Katanga was a James Bond villain! 😆

13 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Martin,

Martin

2 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Just seen that review of the sheet on arcair. Looks like a very comprehensive sheet with all the canopy release markings which is handy. Some very colourful birds on there plus I've discovered a new country! I always thought Katanga was a James Bond villain! 😆

Which you could use on another Magister in the Africa Group Build, I'm sure @Col. would welcome you with open arms...   ...just sayin' right :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work Martin and easy to mistake for a larger scale :goodjob:

11 minutes ago, Wez said:

Which you could use on another Magister in the Africa Group Build, I'm sure @Col. would welcome you with open arms...   ...just sayin' right :whistle:

Absolutely Wez! :D Plenty options for anyone keen to build a few Magister in this GB.

48 minutes ago, Col. said:

Absolutely Wez! :D Plenty options for anyone keen to build a few Magister in this GB.

Take that as a maybe, Col, as I have a heap of projects to finish/start/complete.... :)

Martin

• Thanks 1