Roof chop london black cab

Evening all,

My build of the London Black Cab has finished and the images submitted for judging.

Here it is for the viewing pleasure of my fellow Britmodellers.

Feel free to comment as you see fit. Trying to improve my photographs so fingers crossed they're better than previous ones.

It was a fast build and learned a lot of good lessons along the way. It was built using only the kit and sprues in the box + a set of VIP Rims.

Its the first time i have done a roof chop and certainly something i would like to do again given the right subject.

All the photos are available in the Google photos album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bLSeaCMKymmCvPMZ9

The WIP is here:

Photos are below:

I hope you like it, cheers for looking.

Coops

0wCiiu87mgbOVDDLFj2Pro49af3jbHh9tT7h7rpK

RFs9dwICqBKoAMVCpefHnZSIlVly8Y19worWpG1H

9QUAh4_-OGw7Yr2ztiWaj1ChE9iMzHRf6iinBTex

1yalq4_v6VgIBfiQt2JYQkm8WUnVwDKXvqPKWY5y

KCadydpUi1_ke3UyJhG-1bHVyBFbp8_hfvxMCJ_W

Coops

• Like 20

Thank you for the kind comments, being the first chop I've done and being limited to only uses the bits in the box meant it's not the neatest finish, but I aim to improve on the next one. 

I have seen seen pictures of a chopped cab online and liked it so that's my inspiration. I wanted this to stand out, so that's the choice of colour. 

The next chop top I do I'm thinking Matt Black with green tinted windows. Maybe a 2CV.

Coops

• Like 1

Dunno if you boys get Iron Resurrection (https://watch.motortrend.com/tv-shows/iron-resurrection/) across the pond.  They chopped a Mercury that was impeccable, if you are looking for further inspiration.  

As  Codger noted, very impressive work on that A and D pillars.  I'm not a big fan of the ultra-low profile tires but they are in vogue.  Very nice work.  Not "out of the box" but certainly out of the box.  

JCH

• Thanks 1