"A Bit of Lace" the boys own B-17 **Finished** 👍

Hi Toby

Thanks very much, the Yellow is Humbrol 69 and the Green is Revell 360.

This is entirely based on what looked right and what i had available  !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

Whilst attaching the wings I noticed one the horizontal stabilisers at a strange angle so it was removed and is now being glued back on. This will now require filing as whilst the alignment is correct there is a big gap to fill, also other gaps that will need attention are around most of the clear parts and the main wing to fuselage joints.

IMG_5068

IMG_5069

So more filing, then repainting, a few bits still to glue on which I have resisted doing as the eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed I've managed to break off both front machine guns already, fortunately found before the carpet monster found them.

Cheers Pat

• Like 12

Kleared and ready for decals

Yes, last few bits fitted and painted, then given a coat of Klear. Decals very kindly supplied by Scott @Jinxman, I only hope I do his lovely decals proud.

IMG_5075

IMG_5076

IMG_5077

IMG_5078

Decal later tonight then off to the gallery

Cheers Pat

• Like 12

Well I'm calling this one done, I have to say I made really pleased with how it has turn out, certainly not show standard but a blooming lot better than my original one !

Thanks again to @Jinxman for the homemade decals, without which this kit would still be residing in the stash, more pictures later

IMG_5082

Cheers Pat

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Just back from a 16km hill walk with the dogs today, I'm completely blooming knackered, the dogs are so tired they can barely eat their tea.

More photos as promised 

IMG_5083

IMG_5084

IMG_5085

IMG_5088

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement along the way, I hope this brought back some happy memories with you too.

Cheers Pat

• Like 16

Very nice! 

I remember building this as a teenager, and always found that the cockpit looked odd - sorta out of proportions, but you really brought this one home making it look the works. Great job! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Great job Pat. Really inspirational, I gotta build me one now. Hope you enjoyed the build.

Thank you so much for hosting such an inspired GB, the memories have come flooding back looking at all these great builds.

Take a bow Sir :worthy: you have earned it !

cheers Pat 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just back from a 16km hill walk with the dogs today, I'm completely blooming knackered, the dogs are so tired they can barely eat their tea.

More photos as promised 

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement along the way, I hope this brought back some happy memories with you too.

Cheers Pat

That sounds like something I'd do, although I'd keep to the roads ... and I wouldn't be taking dogs*. One of my friends has a hyperactive Golden Retriever who could do with being walked to exhaustion though.

*Many years ago, I took my mother's Jack Russell for (what was for me) a short walk, but at some point, the dog clearly had enough, and did a sit-down strike on the road. I had to carry her for a while, until she decided to co-operate again.

Amazing job on the old Airfix B-17. I also built it upon a time, but my stashed B-17s are all modern (Revell F and G, Airfix Fortress III).

• Like 1

Lovely job on 'A Bit o' Lace' Pat. It just goes to show these old kits still give a bit of job satisfaction to 'us kids' Very well done! What's next? - plenty time..... All the best. Mike.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice 👍, I remember my Dad built this kit, so brings back some memories of it hanging from my bedroom ceiling. If I remember rightly I think I had around 50 planes whizzing around the ceiling, I wish I had took a picture. None ever fell down, which must have been a miracle! 

• Like 1