1/72 AZ Models DH Hornet announced!

Procopius

I hope they stagger the releases so I can keep up. Going to have to do one of the Church Fenton ones as it is only about a 15 minutes drive away and our walking group have done a perimeter walk a couple of times. Hope it is as good as the box art. 

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I imagine that Xtradecal will grab that opportunity with both hands.

So long as they get it correct <_<

• Like 1

Did Modeldecal ever do a sheet for the FROG Hornet? I don't think there was ever a full, dedicated set, but I vaguely remember that there might have been one or two included on one of their assorted-types decal sheets.

John

5 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Did Modeldecal ever do a sheet for the FROG Hornet? I don't think there was ever a full, dedicated set, but I vaguely remember that there might have been one or two included on one of their assorted-types decal sheets.

John

I am pretty sure they didn't, mores the pity. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 1:42 PM, 1903flight said:

Do we know what markings are going to be included yet?

I am hoping for an 80 sqn F.3

In case they don't, Kits At War K7/11 features PX366 E of 80 Sqn, it's a nice little set.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

First boxings to be released in September ? - schemes

- ref. AZ7651 - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet F.Mk.I/F.1

Source: https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/dh-103-hornet-f-mk-i-f-1/

AZ7651-box.jpg

AZ7651-kamo.jpg

- ref. AZ7652 - de Havilland DH.103 Hornet PR.2

Source: https://www.azmodel.cz/produkt/dh-103-hornet-pr-2/

AZ7652-box.jpg

AZ7652-kamo.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

@Jan Polc, I believe Hornet F.1 PX294 in those Blue and White checks belongs to No.19 Squadron and not 65 as per the boxart description. 
Cheers.. Dave 

True, any special squadron markings on 65 Squadron aircraft would have been red chevrons.

8 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Hi gentlemen,

as I was moved to "project 109" *and one another project*, I can not tell what reference was used. 

Hmmm.  

Jan, are you deliberately speaking vaguely or can you tell us what the other project is . . . ? 😉

Rgds

Martin

Rabbit Leader - I do not know that guy from Italeri. But I think that my descriptions are time to time like from Monty Pythons... 🙂

mike romeo - there is a habit in KP/AZ, that one designer is working on the whole line of boxes of the type. So I have got Emils, the new line of Bf 109, coming in September.

The others are - one helicopter, one sport aircraft and two fighters. Until the end of 2020. Unfortunately I can not tell more today, But I will give you info in time.

• Like 4

October? Boxes are at the printers, decals also, one sprue is finished and moulded, the second one at the mould maker...., I expect it at the start of September.

• Like 5