1/350 USSR BattleCruiser Kirov Class (Trumpeter)

Absolutely fabulous build.  I love the subtle weathering.

The one thing that did confuse me though and this is no way detracts from your excellent work.  I know that at some point Kirov changed her name to Admiral Ushakov.  On the starboard quarter she is correctly showing the first name Kirov yet the port quarter reads "Otchayanniy" which as far as I can tell has never been used as the name of any Soviet/Russian warship.  It translates as Desperate which is not a great choice for any ship's name!  Is this another Trumpeterism or was it deliberately used by the Soviet/Russian Navy to spread confusion (like their practice of changing pennant numbers for example)?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Tuan, she looks a very powerful ship, and you've done a superb model of her. Your weathering is very good. Regards, Jeff.

They are very powerful ships.  I got up very close and personal (and I mean very close - within about 50 yards at 28 kts) to her sister ship Frunze in 1984

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a fabulous model of an impressive ship. I've got this one in the stash, hopefully I can get close to your super finish. Can I ask how you get the orange deck colour? I've not found a colour match for it yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...