New user from Wales

jackroadkill

Hi all,

I'm having another go at modelling after 25 years away from it.  Back in my youth I built plenty (a Sunderland and a Spit Vb stick out in my mind as being my best ones) but then things like rock and roll and taking myself too seriously got in the way.  Due to being on lockdown I was casting around for things to do and so my brother and I formed the inevitable WhatsApp group with some friends and we decided to have a model build-off.  A fifteen quid budget was decided on, names were drawn out of a hat and we all bought one other member of the group a model.  Most of the group have never met but we all seem to be enjoying the builds.

That was two weeks ago, and somehow in between my Boulton and Paul Defiant arriving and writing this I seem to have accumulated a few more kits...

Anyway, I don't really know much about what I'm doing but am keen to learn.  My interests only extend to aeroplanes at the moment, but never say never...

This forum seems to be a wealth of information and very friendly too.

Thanks for having me,

JRK

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Hi all,

I'm having another go at modelling after 25 years away from it.  Back in my youth I built plenty (a Sunderland and a Spit Vb stick out in my mind as being my best ones) but then things like rock and roll and taking myself too seriously got in the way.  Due to being on lockdown I was casting around for things to do and so my brother and I formed the inevitable WhatsApp group with some friends and we decided to have a model build-off.  A fifteen quid budget was decided on, names were drawn out of a hat and we all bought one other member of the group a model.  Most of the group have never met but we all seem to be enjoying the builds.

That was two weeks ago, and somehow in between my Boulton and Paul Defiant arriving and writing this I seem to have accumulated a few more kits...

Anyway, I don't really know much about what I'm doing but am keen to learn.  My interests only extend to aeroplanes at the moment, but never say never...

This forum seems to be a wealth of information and very friendly too.

Thanks for having me,

JRK

Welcome, JRK. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum, you will get most of your questions answered. I’m no expert, but if I can help, just ask.

Jon.

• Like 1

Greetings from Western Canada.

Look at you! Only back in the hobby a few weeks and already building up a stash. 

Hey, if you need any kind of help, this forum is the place to go. The information available here is incredible.

Chris

• Like 1

Hello JRK...:post1: from the city of Chicago. I will be building the same kit for a Battle of Britain group build in July. The best piece of advice is to figure out posting photo’s, you will need a 3rd party hosting site. Then start a Work in progress thread in Aviation. Members will stop by and chat & offer plenty of help if you ask for it. This is the only forum I belong to as its the most friendly and helpful Ive ever seen. 

Dennis

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Black metal.

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello JRK...:post1: from the city of Chicago. I will be building the same kit for a Battle of Britain group build in July. The best piece of advice is to figure out posting photo’s, you will need a 3rd party hosting site. Then start a Work in progress thread in Aviation. Members will stop by and chat & offer plenty of help if you ask for it. This is the only forum I belong to as its the most friendly and helpful Ive ever seen. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks very much for the advice.  Way back in the mists of time I had a Flickr account, so I'll see if I can remember how to use it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Greetings from Western Canada.

Look at you! Only back in the hobby a few weeks and already building up a stash. 

Hey, if you need any kind of help, this forum is the place to go. The information available here is incredible.

Chris

Thank you, Chris - much appreciated.  Yes, the stash seems to have happened all by itself...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

Black metal.

Haha. Yes. I like it a lot. Played drums in a small BM band for a few years.  Having difficulty finding new music I like though. I think my tastes have crystallised around 1999 to 2002. Hmm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

"Yes, the stash seems to have happened all by itself..."

Yes, well that's what we all say in response to the inevitable grilling from SWMBO, you're getting into the groove quite well already :winkgrin:

Welcome, from another 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 born.

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1