Jaguar XJR-9-LM - 1/24 Hasegawa

Looks good.

It should really have the Silk Cut logos on the side.

spacer.png

Should look like the image above.

Sorry to criticise an otherwise beautiful model.

5 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

It should really have the Silk Cut logos on the side.

"Poetic licence" from Hasegawa in order to not promote tobacco?

Or maybe not, I've found an image on Google of one in livery without Silk Cut, but with  "Jaguar" displayed as "Jaguar Finance". You can find details here:

https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/chassis/8/Jaguar-XJR-9-LM-J12-C-688.html

13 minutes ago, Jo NZ said:

It ran at Silverstone in that livery

But not in that configuration.  At Silverstone it ran single headlamps in small housings, and a higher set wing - the "sprint" race configuration.  The lower wing was specifically for Le Mans, along with twin headlights in the large lamp housing.

2 hours ago, klubman01 said:

But not in that configuration.  At Silverstone it ran single headlamps in small housings, and a higher set wing - the "sprint" race configuration.  The lower wing was specifically for Le Mans, along with twin headlights in the large lamp housing.

You're right. I ought to know, I was in the pits - at Brands as well.

It is, as MR2Don said, "poetic license" by Hasegawa.  It is not politically correct to show tobacco sponsorship, even though it is historically correct.  Fortunately, the aftermarket manufacturers have recognised this, and the correct decal are available from the likes of Renaissance, etc.

Very nice build of such a nice car in a pretty tricky livery to paint and decal. As regards the tobacco logo's I actually had a Hasegawa version of this that came with the Silk Cut decals. They were printed separately to the main sheet and were taped under the box lid. Check your box you may have them...

Thx guys, i like it as it is. I know it is not exactly like oeiginal but still it is only model kit ☺️ i check extra decal set and I dont want to spend extra 15$ for 8$ kit in sale, it was weekend project, just from build fron box.

Hard to say, if you look close it is different from decals, it was mix of tamiyas red,navy blue, yellow, white and clear red , paint retarder and thinner 😉 sounds like chemistry magic.