Does this bloke do nowt but oldies?

I find it a double edged sword SAT69.

I too lament the aged eyesight and hands rendering 1/72 a physical challenge it wasn't in youth, but by the same token, back in the day, no way could I ever have afforded 1/48 scale which I can today, limited selection of models in that scale as was in the day. 

The conflict of scale decisional triage for me today arises predominantly with larger twin e.g. Revell's 1/48 Ju 88A-4, and especially multi engine bomber types e.g. HK 1/48 B-17G, where not always, e.g. Tamiya G4M1 "Betty"  but most of the time, size and space dictate 1/72 the pragmatic compromise, one or two especially favoured subject exceptions notwithstanding.   

• Thanks 1

I understand the especially favored subjects thing. A 1/48 scale B-58 would be a realistic model purchase for me, but I can't help but want one in 1/32 scale; one of those big awesome got to have kits that makes you push all others aside and you dedicate all your model building (and model building supply purchases) to that one subject ... and love every minute of it!