HMS Victorious (1961) in 1/200

Great update David, and I think we can see you have been busy!

I'm still amazed at the size of this, and the incredible level of detail that has gone into all of those bays set into the hull.

Really looking forward to seeing the flight deck evolve, as well as the main island, oh and yes, mustn't forget the air wing!

I do agree with @longshanks regarding the amount of sunshine in your updates ......... spare a thought for us poor guys here in wet and windy UK, although I suspect Kev is getting it a wee bit worse than us here in Dorset!

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gidday David, Vicky's looking beautiful, very well done.

1 hour ago, Dancona said:

where there is the (redundant by 1961) mounting area for the six barreled Bofors that was originally mounted

Pity they're gone but probably just as well  .   .   .

1 hour ago, gunzo said:

you will be incorporating fully functional radar and aircraft?

.    .    .  or Gunzo would want them working also. 🙂                                  Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 09/02/2022 at 15:34, gunzo said:

I'm assuming that with  this level of detail you will be incorporating fully functional radar and aircraft?

😂 No Les, but I will try to incorporate a working gash chute, complete with 1/200 potato peelings stuck to the boot topping !!!!!

On 09/02/2022 at 16:00, longshanks said:

I do think we can do without the sunshine in your pics

Hi Kev, sorry about that, it has been a bit grey and miserable here of late, but as soon as we had a bit of brightness I dashed outside, ........sky was a nice colour, you know that rather unlikely blue that they used to paint the undersides of tropical spitfires, just like that, not a cloud in the sky............I hope I'm not making it worse 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 09/02/2022 at 16:47, Terry1954 said:

Great update David, and I think we can see you have been busy!

Thank you Terry, there is certainly a lot of time gone into it so far, and I think a few years more to go !!

On 09/02/2022 at 16:50, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday David, Vicky's looking beautiful, very well done.

Thanks Jeff, you really are very kind, I must confess all I see when I look at her is all the little problem areas !!!

On 09/02/2022 at 18:39, Steve D said:

I'm never going to build and aircraft carrier.....

😂 Very sensible, but Steve old chap,  at the rate you work you would have had about ten by now, much better ones than mine I might add and probably in steel too 🤣

On 09/02/2022 at 20:45, robgizlu said:

It's just a thing of beauty but Bonkers large :blink:

Hi Rob, it is isn't it, 🙃I'm not sure if I really thought this project through properly to be honest,  but at least now its all a bit easier, the hull was quite a tricky exercise, actually still is, but nearly there !

Mind you, you seem to have gone the other way with your latest project, exquisite, but I bet you are worried about sneezing !

16 hours ago, Courageous said:

Glad to see it back.

Thanks Stuart, avidly following your baby at the moment...Coming on very quickly (damn you 😆) lurve that deck  !!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to you all for your support !!

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dancona said:

Not in the flesh, but there is a build log here

Well, that is pretty impressive, but seems to have tailed off in early 2018- which seems an all too common feature with card builds I've followed. BTW, we are shortly to have a Spanish addition to the family, but not a Catalonian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update, I've finished most of the starboard weld lines, which seems to have worked pretty well under a coat of primer (Tamiya fine white rattle can), found a few little funnies, but nothing horrendous, and then its over to the port side again to get that up to this level !!

The top edge of the grey stripe is actually the waterline, so it gives some idea of how long and lean the ship really was.

51900129847_5b7985c637_b.jpg

51900129842_15911b1bdb_b.jpg

51901744405_6592f81d1e_b.jpg

51901182848_e2dec049aa_b.jpg

51901422334_4437d0607f_b.jpg

51901093461_d3b52cd82e_b.jpg

Onward and upward !!

Cheers gents

David

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Just so jealous of you David :worthy:

1. You have such a big one model that is.  :whistle:

2. The sunshine in you photos makes me want NEED a holiday in the sun

21 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Overall a great beauty in the making

:clap2:

What he said

Stay Safe

beefy

• Haha 2

There's a crispness and precision at work here that makes each instalment sheer pleasure to behold David.

On 26/02/2022 at 10:16, Chewbacca said:

've seen professional shipbuilders' models that aren't this good. 

I've seen actual ships that aren't this good....

• Haha 4