Questions regarding Revell 1/48 B24J rescribing

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well during this time. Having more time being stuck in at the weekends I have been thinking about restarting my B24J after putting it aside when things were getting worse with the kit. I am only really interested in finishing the kit to use the 'Dragons Tail' decal set I purchased for the kit however since glueing the fuselage halves together things went a little bit sideways as I have managed to sand down a lot of the raised panel lines.

I have never really been all that great with rescribing however due to the condition of the kit already I was wondering if anyone could point me towards or shed light on rescribing a whole kit? I feel this would be my only real option if I want to display this kit. My only other thought process was to buy a new kit and start from scratch...

Any help would really be appricaiated. I feel the kit could be made to look good if I do it right, its purely the fact past experience of trying to rescribe areas usually result in scratching up a kit.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

This isn't the best place to ask the question.  You'll find a whole section of the site devoted to tips, tricks and tools/techniques -  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/68-tools-amp-tips/

Have a look in there. I noticed there was a thread on restoring raised panel lines. It'll get quickly lost on this part of the forum, whilst a question over there adds to the collective knowledge the site accumulates.  I'd suggest looking to see if there's already a useful thread. If not open a new one.  But, while I'm here, you could also consider erasing all panel lines and drawing them on with a fine pencil after painting.... it can be effective.

Matt