Hobby Boss kits

Monty Python

Currently building the Airfix Javelin and thinking of my next project. Been looking at the 1/48 Hobby Boss Tornado F.3 and Bae Hawk T.1a kits and after some feed back on them. Any points to watch out for during the build.

TIA

I don’t have either kit but the Hawk is probably the better bet.  The Tornado has a number of errors, not least of which is the shape of the front fuselage which produces curved canopy sills.  Those on the real jet are ruler straight.  Another peculiar feature is that the incorrectly shaped thrust reverser buckets are intended to be displayed in a semi-deployed position which is not prototypical, they’re either open or closed.  I’m sure others who know more will be along shortly.

Don't go for those two kits!

Especially the Tornado has lots of flaws..

If Hobbyboss is obligatory, take a SeaVixen... although  also here the Airfix one is better!

Hobbyboss excells in fit usually, and in surface detail....

I guess you want a Brit, no?

1 minute ago, exdraken said:

Don't go for those two kits!

Especially the Tornado has lots of flaws..

If Hobbyboss is obligatory, take a SeaVixen... although  also here the Airfix one is better!

Hobbyboss excells in fit usually, and in surface detail....

I guess you want a Brit, no?

Have got the Airfix Sea Vixen in the to do pile. Hobby Boss is not the manufacturer of choice, it's just when looking for a Tornado F.3 I also came across the Hawk T.1a as well. I know the Airfix T.1a has a few flaws and wondered if the HB put them right.

Yes I do only do RAF/FAA 

The HB hawk is oversize over the wing span approx 10mm and gives the appearane of being generally biggger than 1/48, and the Sea Vixen has a lot of silly problems, and the Tornado has a number of faults. Stick with Airfix or Italeri for the Hawk and Revell for the Tornado, not an easy build. 

• Like 1