Space shuttle

Hewy

1 minute ago, Hewy said:

I looked like a snow man earlier🙄, the plastic is down to a couple of microns in places 

I hope you were wearing suitable PPE? 😷

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, PeterB said:

Looks better than my old Airfix one!

Pete

the cargo bay doors were the worst bit, i added a strip of 1.5mm card to each side to fill the gap along the bottom so the top matched up and the front was as tight up as possible,leaving another gap at the back of the bay, all filled now though 

Looks like your off to a good start Glynn.

Hope you can see the model from the plastic dust. I have still got to get the dust off the boxes of my Harriers. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Looking forward to see you work on this one fella.

Hello dan hope you're  well,  far too much time spent sanding  up to yet , and now I'm  building up some areas with high build primer to create a bit of detail ( i do have something of a plan honest ) although to ensure it gets finished and not left  in limbo , like an entandard,or an raf chinook , a few corners may be trimmed a bit to keep the kettle boiling.

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Hope you can see the model from the plastic dust.

I've ran out of p60 , I'm on my last sheet of 240 now ,i can't  get a dust mask for love nor money,  but alas they don't  reckon they work anyway😁

Cheers

Glynn 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like the details on the engine bells Glynn. I also built this on as a kid, I still have part of the decal sheet!

I will be watching with interest how you detail yours, I have a stalled Revell Shuttle to do as Enterprise being released from the 747 SCA, I am in two minds about detailing it.

• Thanks 1

On 01/05/2020 at 02:09, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

will be watching with interest how you detail yours, I have a stalled Revell Shuttle to do as Enterprise being released from the 747 SCA, I am in two minds about detailing

In 1/144 its basically a blank canvas ray isn't it oob ,in 1/144 air liners most of the details are in decals, which I'm going to have a go at making ,but I'm  a little concerned about them complying to curves ,  the thermal blankets are  just about all done, I've stuck on some bits of micropore medical tape for the faux thermal protection  ,and to give a bit of detail to the payload doors ,also I've  raised the nose area and some bits around the tail with auto primer filler ,from halfords,  I'm  going to do a bit more around the nose, and the fuselage,  also I've  sprue-glooped the tape to seal it , it looks rough atm, hopfully it'll  calm down after a couple of coats of primer filler on the tape

zKGtukg.jpg

5jD2YiW.jpg

HrfK80v.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

This is gonna be a genius end result Glynn. Looks like the plan is coming together really well.

Edited 1 hour ago by Dansk

39 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That looks excellent Glynn, totally different to the original smooth plastic and as Paul says when finished it will really look fantastic.

Cheers guys,but..

Hold on ,theres plenty of time for this to go wrong yet, I've even got my toes crossed for the next bit🤞

I dont know if the camera picks it up but i brushed  some sprue goo  on the payload doors for a bit of texture,hopfully it'll show up at the end

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm building up primer filler, slowly, because i dont want it to crack, but in the mean time i shall be starting a new build, I'll start the thread shortly,  thanks for you interest paul

• Like 2

On 03/05/2020 at 16:42, Hewy said:

zKGtukg.jpg

Looks like the "Moonraker" shuttle there.

I have the new boxing, taking notes from your build. I also built it back in the 70s when it was released as "Enterprise and Spacelab".

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Seem to remember from my old Airfix kit that they suggested some areas in gloss white and others in matt - seemed to work but it is long gone now so I can't check it.

Pete

• Thanks 1