I got this from a fellow Texas modeling mate just now; it depicts the record-breaking flight over Everest with the Westland Wallace PV6, if I remember correctly. Some neat views for detailing your old Frog kit, of which I have a pair. I'm pretty sure @Moa has done one of these. It's a handsome old kite, and those airmen must have had BIG brass ones to fly something like that to that altitude! Beyond hope that Azure or Special Hobby would ever grace us with a new-tool. (He knows I have a thing for big old British between the wars airplanes, like the Bristol 138 and the Wapiti.) 

Mike

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I'm pretty sure @Moa has done one of these.

Two, actually. As the planes involved were two different types:

The existing vintage kits require A LOT of work to resemble something even close to the originals.

I did as much as I could.

More can be done, no doubt.

Some modelers skip a number of important details (and not just small details) and even put the wrong marks on them.  But it is nice nevertheless to see them built. They are historically important planes and many fellow modelers feel the legitimate need to have them in their collections, even if in a simplified or generic version.

As you say, may be one day a kit manufacturer will grace us with a modern version of these classics.

I did a lot of research on these two, it was absolutely fun, if time-consuming. And I learned a great number of things, including aspects of the Empire behavior then that today will make you cringe.

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Beyond hope that Azure or Special Hobby would ever grace us with a new-tool.

Dora Wings have both Wallace and Wapiti in their future releases - there's a thread on here somewhere.............

13 hours ago, Moa said:

Two, actually. As the planes involved were two different types

You would think I would have known better, especially after watching all of your WIP's, RFI's and ISM's (Incredible Scratchbuilt Models) I honestly don't recall why I bought two of the Frog Wallace kits, but I have always been fond of big, ugly 'tween the wars airplanes and the enclosed rear cockpit and color scheme caught my eye- same reason I got the Frog Bristol 138, for which I have a ton of great period reference photos; besides. it's a lot nicer-looking than the ANT-25 and will actually fit on my shelf! If their other releases are any indication, the Dora Wings kits should be very nice, but will be pretty pricey on our side of the pond! Thinking I should save your two builds and see if I can do one a little 'Moa better' than what comes in the box! Thanks for posting...I think maybe you have infected me with the Civil-20 modeling virus! (On a serious note, hoping you are all over the health issues you were dealing with a while back,)

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

it's a lot nicer-looking than the ANT-25

WHAAAT??? I throw my gauntlet at your face! How do you dare!

Chose your weapon: airbrush or fine-grain sandpaper!

See you at dawn!

@Martian Hale will be my second (he will eat you if I lose)

38 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

On a serious note, hoping you are all over the health issues you were dealing with a while back

Almost totally up and running.

No, not my nose, me.

Next week we go to be tested (supposedly... you know how the AFM -administration of morons- is flopping the show here)

Aiiioooo Silver!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Moa said:

WHAAAT??? I throw my gauntlet at your face! How do you dare!

Chose your weapon: airbrush or fine-grain sandpaper!

See you at dawn!

@Martian Hale will be my second (he will eat you if I lose)

Sharpening my fangs now in case the worst comes to eating @72modeler.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2