1/48 Tamiya He 219 Out of Comfort Zone: 21 April On her feet!!

Wanted to challenge my airbrushing skills to improve, so I grabbed this kit off the shelf and set off.  Now when it comes to the He 219, my research showed the same 4-5 paint schemes from NJG squadrons in 1944 and 1945.  I thought....there was ~250-300 of these aircraft out there...I'll airbrush a scheme that is close....but not exactly like a aircraft in the reference photos.

So I figured here is a HE 219, toward the end of the war...the pilots took delivery of a grey squiggle painted bird, but wanted the local squadron folks to paint the lower parts of the aircraft black.  Then after a P-47 attack on the airbase, someone came along and painted RLM 83 all over the top of the aircraft and pushed it into a tree line parking spot. 

Took about a week to construct the kit.  OOB.  Wine foil for seatbelts. 

Cheers

Collin

Here we go:

DprKLcp.jpg

W1Rij51.jpg

MI9oP7i.jpg

9uNUMDb.jpg

3BJ1sUD.jpg

2DsSRfz.jpg

OFGQVZX.jpg

pUBDFb2.jpg

0CV9uWQ.jpg

83W9DpW.jpg

LQm6Fmc.jpg

sip0wqg.jpg

ERkw4X4.jpg

hocvVfX.jpg

XmW2Njh.jpg

ZsQHNl2.jpg

Nn3cHuR.jpg

T2fmbQY.jpg

• Like 20

Excellent scheme, logical thought process results in something that's pretty close to what was used at the end (i.e. RLM 81/82 being used on upper surfaces). It looks very 'right'.

Pretty tidy build for a single week as well... wish I could do that.. :)

Matt

• Collin changed the title to 1/48 Tamiya He 219 Out of Comfort Zone: 21 April On her feet!!

That looks really good. One of my favourite Aircraft. 

The camera is showing a gap under the LH windscreen. A line of Elmers white glue applied with a cocktail stick should fill it nicely.