That's stunning! I built this kit a while ago and have to say that the Revell P-47 is one of the bargains of the century! (at only £7 or £8 or thereabouts) Lovely recessed panel lines, easy assembly and a nice choice of decals. The end result on yours is just brilliant. 👍

Edited by binbrook87

I also built this kit a short while back and I was pretty pleased with it. But dang, what you did with it is totally next level.. This looks fantastic!

Beautiful model, but I think on the P-47 the larger star went on the underside of the wing and the smaller star on top. At least, that was what the official regulation said.

Lovely work there, especially the paint job!

I've built a couple of the Revell 1/72 jugs (one D and one M) and found them to be a really nice kit. One that tends to get overlooked, which is a shame.

Cheers,

Mark.

I'll have to agree. That could easily pass for 1/48 scale. An excellent build and a great addition to your collection.

Very, very good! 

Revell P-47 is the bust of bunch (Revell 1:72 kits of Ww2 fighters that came out in late 1990s). 

Sadly they all suffer from thick and badly moulded clear parts. 

Josip

Beautiful finish, and I agree with the comments above, it is a very nice kit - but then I'm slightly biased, being the first person in the UK who saw and built it...

....in conjunction with the person who designed some of Revell's decals back then, I selected the markings options provided in the first release, and had a test shot to check them on...

Hello friends,

I am really happy that you enjoy my work, hope to publish another models soon :)

12 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Beautiful model, but I think on the P-47 the larger star went on the underside of the wing and the smaller star on top. At least, that was what the official regulation said.

It was surprising also for me but this is the way the stars were presented in the instruction sheet of LifeLike decals. Having no reference picture, I've trusted the producer.

3 hours ago, Josip said:

Very, very good! 

Revell P-47 is the bust of bunch (Revell 1:72 kits of Ww2 fighters that came out in late 1990s). 

Sadly they all suffer from thick and badly moulded clear parts. 

Josip

Yes, it is true, the clear parts needed to be sanded and polished.

1 hour ago, Nurwin said:

Wow! Great work how did u achieve that sheen? is it varnished?

Yes, it is varnished with heavily diluted mix of semi gloss and flat Mr Hobby lacquers. As the model was polished after applying decals, the surface is really smooth.

• Thanks 1