Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 Zero original version

A reasonable person might thing that the imposition of 'working from home' would be an ideal opportunity for starting one of those big modelling projects. No travelling time? Lunch breaks at the workbench. At least for me, its turned out to be the opposite. It seems to take far longer to get work things done than it used to, and I'm now in need of a new laptop battery. But, a few minutes here and there have enabled be to finish a couple of things that were being overlooked, including Tamiya's original A6M2 from the best part of half a century ago. It says a lot for the quality of the model when first released that it holds up quite well these days. 

This one has a True Details cockpit set, obtained very cheaply at a show, substituted for the somewhat hypothetical Tamiya offering. Its meant for the Hasegawa version, but fits the Tamiya one with minimal modification.

Decals by Eagle Strike (wot no data panel?), over Nick Millman's recipe of a mix 50% each of Gunze Sangyo H70 RLM02 and H336 Hemp

y4myfEi1VdicfOX2Ds9TWAYBVPyvw8JnGkY_vq-i

y4mBmlI_bKc8FCRzyv-KWKkKGLZQnHmKoitZ72zW

y4mg7Oyw_P3zdFLrktIRXoj8Ogsz6EqGcQKcK1AI

y4mCvekw9c5fiqiOtLQsfRSq2qK_Oug_NqOLR5-8

y4mb9AMuswIiVf1dAC2HuM32YgTOkgaGTnooQd8F

Village Photos deny the existence of my account, so first use of Microsoft One Drive for photo posting. Let's see how well it works

Edited by Ologist
grammar error
  • Like 18

One Drive seems to work.  Nice work, I built this not not long ago, just using the kit interior.  I hardly ever look in there.  Nice canopy painting!

8 hours ago, Ologist said:

A reasonable person might thing that the imposition of 'working from home' would be an ideal opportunity for starting one of those big modelling projects. No travelling time? Lunch breaks at the workbench. At least for me, its turned out to be the opposite. It seems to take far longer to get work things done than it used to

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

• Like 1

Oh that's very cool! 😎  The paint looks great and so does your model, fine work! :clap2:  And yes, with all this time staying at home, one would think that even I, the world's slowest (laziest? 😉) modeler, would get more done...and that one would be wrong.  😁

16 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

One Drive seems to work.  Nice work, I built this not not long ago, just using the kit interior.  I hardly ever look in there.  Nice canopy painting!

I can't take too much credit for the canopy painting. After about three days of trying to cut Tamiya tape masks (the canopy still bears a couple of scars) I discovered Pmask do a set specifically designed for this model. My relief cost a mere £2.40 from Hannants.

Great little build! I love the Zero and you have built a great one there. And I sympathise with the work taking more time issue - I am in the same position. I started several kits when we first went into lockdown thinking that with no commute I would have plenty of time to get them done. Now I just have several half finished kits guilt tripping me from the work bench while I am trying to work :rofl: