PA474 from the HK 1/32 kit - interior fittings / paint?

WV908

Hi all, 

Building Lancaster PA474 from the 1/32 HK models kit and I'm having issues with a few details for her interior. 

I know obviously about the dual controls, lack of H2S equipment etc, but can anyone explain what regular equipment is and isn't fitted to PA474?

For example, does she have ammo trays and boxes installed? No photos I can find are clear on this. 

My other question is concerning how her interior is painted - a lot of the equipment frames etc in the cockpit are green, but with black sidewalls. How far does the black go down the fuselage and which parts of the interior are painted green please?

I know the kit has issues with the seat depth etc and cockpit floor height, but these are things that don't bother me and will turn a long build into an even longer one. I'd just like to get the aircraft specific details correct :)

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908

Hi Whitley, 

Thanks, quite helpful pictures. The problem I have is that all photos seem to be those areas / angles unfortunatley. It is nice to have up-to date pictures of those areas though.

RE- HKM Lanc kit. The seat is awful. It will be altered 

Cheers,

WV908

This sounds like an interesting project - one I've considered myself. If you can get hold of the Haynes manual on the Lanc, there are some excellent interior shots in there.

Are you going to add the Lincoln/Shackleton-style wheels and extend the rudders?

Tom

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

This sounds like an interesting project - one I've considered myself. If you can get hold of the Haynes manual on the Lanc, there are some excellent interior shots in there.

Are you going to add the Lincoln/Shackleton-style wheels and extend the rudders?

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have the Lincoln type wheels sat ready and i've just started to modify the rudders. Stupidly I think the seat and dual controls will be the hardest things to do. I've already created the new armour plate. I'll have a look at thne Haynes manual - are the interior shots of PA474? 

Cheers,

WV908

3 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Hi Tom,

I have the Lincoln type wheels sat ready and i've just started to modify the rudders. Stupidly I think the seat and dual controls will be the hardest things to do. I've already created the new armour plate. I'll have a look at thne Haynes manual - are the interior shots of PA474? 

Cheers,

WV908

It sounds like you're well underway - were the wheels from Barracuda? Yes - the Haynes manual is mainly PA474 so an excellent reference for this particular aircraft. There's a few others thrown in too, but PA474 is the main focus.

Please do WIP for us to follow - I've got the kit myself and would be keen to see how you do the mods.

Tom

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

It sounds like you're well underway - were the wheels from Barracuda? Yes - the Haynes manual is mainly PA474 so an excellent reference for this particular aircraft. There's a few others thrown in too, but PA474 is the main focus.

Please do WIP for us to follow - I've got the kit myself and would be keen to see how you do the mods.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I've only just started, so yeah I'll pop on a WIP. Although it isn't a wingnut kit (RIP Wingnut Lanc) I'm going to take the same build approach - treat each sub assembly like a model in itself. The wheels are from Barracuda, yes. 

I'm doing the whole brace of BBMF fighters in 1/32 to sit under it's wings too. I currently have both hurricanes, the Mk.II, V and XVI Spits in the stash. 

Cheers,

WV908 

Edited by WV908
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Work In Progress said:

You will need to make or adapt a tailwheel too, it's a nosewheel off an A340

Cheers for the correction - in my WIP I stated it was from an A320