Thunder Models Scammell Tank Transporter

• 8 months later...

getting close to 2 years since I started this.... but wheels on and weathering started (always seem quite subtle on these so not much chipping and some dust to follow)....

IMG-20220102-192015.jpg

IMG-20220102-192022.jpg

IMG-20220102-192036.jpg

IMG-20220102-192045.jpg

IMG-20220102-192131.jpg

IMG-20220102-192150.jpg

• Like 21

thanks all... and ARRRRRRRRGH it has been pointed out that the cab rear wheels are mounted wrong... going to take a touch of surgery to correct.... but needs must

59 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

thanks all... and ARRRRRRRRGH it has been pointed out that the cab rear wheels are mounted wrong... going to take a touch of surgery to correct.... but needs must

Note sure what's wrong with the wheels. There are pics of pioneers using aircraft tyres so there is room for variation 😂

One thing I missed is the support strut from the cage below the cab up to the cab body if you want to be supper accurate 😉

Screenshot_20220103-094104_Google

Andrew 

• Like 2

Hi Rob, looking really good!

Chipping, fading and weathering looks great, I'll bet it looks pretty impressive with the Matilda mounted on the back.

Great work

Darryl 

• 4 weeks later...

That was a very nice build, the weathering is pretty good. I was also waiting almost 6 months for the radiator, but they said was out out stock and even apologized when it came. Outstanding way of doing business. The funny thing is they supplied the double of radiators than kits sold!

Cheers

Lazy modeler was here!

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wow, fantastic build and some great references for my build. Thanks @robw_uk.

Cheers Ozzy ... I really should try to finish this.... It's just the lats few things plus loading her up.....

• Like 1

I had to go back to the beginning to see the build .... outstanding work and really nice detailing throughout. It'll be nice to see it finished ...

Keith 😁

• Thanks 1