1/48th Airfix DH. Mosquito converted to a PR.34 (Freightdog Models) of 684 Sqn, RAF, SEAC Cococ Islands 1945.

Hiya Folks,

One that I have been wanting to build for a while,...... I like the chunky, yet sleek lines of the Mosquito PR.34 and due to structural failures in the Far East caused by fungus and moisture in the wooden airframe, it was decided that silver would be adopted for the Far East PR Mossies and many retained the PRU Blue undersides, resulting in this interesting scheme. 

Real aircraft;

De-Havilland-Mosquito-Cocos-Islands-Roya

De-Havilland-Mosquito-Royal-Air-Force-Op

WIP,.... the model was brush painted with rattle can silver used for the upper surfaces.;

Finished Model;

DSCF7484-NEW.jpg

DSCF7480-NEW.jpg

DSCF7481-NEW.jpg

DSCF7482-NEW.jpg

DSCF7486-NEW.jpg

DSCF7487-NEW.jpg

DSCF7492-NEW.jpg

DSCF7498-NEW.jpg

DSCF7497-NEW.jpg

DSCF7493-NEW.jpg

DSCF7488-NEW.jpg

I tried to make the tyres look less weathered and I probably spoiled them,.....oh well! 

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 34

Thank you all for your very kind remarks,..... glad you like it, after it finally reached the finishing line! 

Re the exhaust staining,..... these aircraft on the Cocos had especially dark staining on the horizontal tailplanes looking like a mixture of soot and oil and it is often mistaken as SEAC blue bands by artists,.... so I wanted to properly replicate it.

All the best,

Tony