Hasegawa 1/72 S-3 Viking

Mike, you are making it increasingly difficult for me just to keep pace in quality with your impressive works of art.  This S-3 shows that your skills are not only solid ( as usual ), but improving which is always a good thing.  

I am not worthy!!! :worthy:

Mike

Beautiful job! 🤩

I have the Revell reboxing of this kit, but it comes with horribly garish decals and aftermarket decals for the Viking are thin on the ground.  The ones that are available are equally garish.....

I remember building this one as a kid and thinking the kit itself was excellent even if I did butcher it!

Very nicely done, I had the pleasure of sitting in the S-3 at the Pensacola Museum a couple of years ago, the view out of that lovely big cockpit is very impressive.

Very well done 👍 

The rescribing was worth the effort!!

Looking at your pictures want me to start mine immediatelly 😁

Did you add the wind screen wipers? From the second picture it looks as if they are seperate elements.

Cheers,

Holger

That's a lovely Hoover indeed! Strange that a newer kit hasn't showed up, as you point out.

I'm impressed with your decals, they really look good.

These machines had the same engines as the A-10 I'm lead to believe.

5 hours ago, helium said:

Very well done 👍 

The rescribing was worth the effort!!

Looking at your pictures want me to start mine immediatelly 😁

Did you add the wind screen wipers? From the second picture it looks as if they are seperate elements.

Cheers,

Holger

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys.

Holger, yes, the wipers were added from stretched sprue.

Well done, 

This is a very sharp looking model and a real beauty... Congratulations for your beautiful Viking.

I so often regret that this model was released a few monthes too early. It is still a very nice kit. I do not know how many I could have built if it had recessed panel lines as the Hasegawa Prowler  that was released just about the same time.

Best regards.. 

Eric B.