Jump to content

My last year builds


Recommended Posts

Year ago i finished my F4U-4B and was going to start new build, but for some reasons didn't built any planed kit. But during this year i still put some models on my shelf, Here they are.

 

Hasegawa F-8E. I built it in 1998, but some years later model fell from shelf. Now i found it and restored.

IMG_8856.jpg

Academy F6F-5. Built OOB.

IMG_8892.jpg

NOVO/FROG F8F. Built in early nineties, few times disassembled and repainted. I found it as a pile of debris and restored. Decal from Printscale.

IMG_8969.jpg

Three HobbyBoss easy-kits. My six year old son became interesting in models, and we built these ones together. He assembled kits with some my help, painted interiors and wheel wells by brush, primed by Tamiya aerosole primer and painted by Tamiya aerosole paints. I painted Wildcat.

IMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8978.jpg

IMG_8979.jpg

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Looks like a fun collection of builds!  Nicely done!

Thanks! All these let me keep the good form, and now i will start some new builds, thanks to COVID19 (it was irony 🙂). I didn't decided yet what to build first - Korean war F4U-4 or Indochina P-63. Or maybe something BIG, like a C-119?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Another built kits. This September i caught COVID and spent more than month at home with my family. Surely, i built some kits with my son. I had not all needed paints, so some of kits now are waiting to be painted. I didn't try to build perfect models, just to make "minus one box - plus one model on the shelf".

 

First, Hasegawa RF-101C. My friend built it nearly twenty years ago and painted it by brush. He didn't use the primer, so paint soon peeled off. I repainted it in silver and applied new decal. Forward undercarriage leg was lost, so i used S&C method to make new one.

spacer.png

 

Next, Airfix A-1J Skyraider. I began to biuld it in 1997, but then i got new Hasegawa Skyraider, so this one was abandoned for a long time. Some details like pylons were lost, so i had to make new ones.

 

spacer.png

 

Together with old Monogram A-1E.

 

spacer.png

 

And more to come soon:

 

spacer.png

 

Edited by Egi vandor
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Did you re-scribe it? They look like recessed panel lines to me.

I've got an old Hasegawa kit in the stash only it's all raised.

 

Martin

Yes, twenty year ago i used this kit as a teaching material in re-scribing, so panel lines are deep and wide :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Egi vandor said:

Yes, twenty year ago i used this kit as a teaching material in re-scribing, so panel lines are deep and wide :)

Thanks Egi, I thought there was a finely moulded Hasegawa Voodoo that I didn't know about!

Looks good to me!

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks Egi, I thought there was a finely moulded Hasegawa Voodoo that I didn't know about!

Looks good to me!

👍

 

Thanx!

I will built two more RF-101C later - this time Valom kits. I want to build one of them in SEA camo and another in NMF as an Able Mable plane, so I will order custom decal for 'Mary Ann Burns' or 'Georgia Peach'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Egi vandor said:

 

Thanx!

I will built two more RF-101C later - this time Valom kits. I want to build one of them in SEA camo and another in NMF as an Able Mable plane, so I will order custom decal for 'Mary Ann Burns' or 'Georgia Peach'

Big fan of the Voodoo. I've tried building the Valom kit but it didn't go together well. The upper halves of the wing have no location point to adhere to the fuselage. I had to add a curved ridge of plasticard to attach the wings to. Adding to that I had a disaster when going through Alclad Gloss black primer & the aluminium. All the aluminium paint came away from the primer. Also the primer refused to be stripped off with oven cleaner, it ended up being thrown in the bin!

Next time I'll probably re-scribe the Hasegawa kit! 😆

I've got a couple of Airwaves resin nose cones to do the C version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Big fan of the Voodoo. I've tried building the Valom kit but it didn't go together well. The upper halves of the wing have no location point to adhere to the fuselage. I had to add a curved ridge of plasticard to attach the wings to. Adding to that I had a disaster when going through Alclad Gloss black primer & the aluminium. All the aluminium paint came away from the primer. Also the primer refused to be stripped off with oven cleaner, it ended up being thrown in the bin!

Next time I'll probably re-scribe the Hasegawa kit! 😆

I've got a couple of Airwaves resin nose cones to do the C version.

 

As far as i know, Alclad metallics are not easy, so i never ever thought to use them. Now i use Tamiya aerosoles to paint models in Aluminium, than different shades of Aluminium and Chrome Silver to accent panels. I also saw B-29 painted by AK Interactive True Metal and going to try them.

About hard assembling of Valom RF-101 - once upon a time i built YuMTK Yak-28 and FROG/NOVO P-39 from late moulds of Baku Plant, so i'm not afraid of Valom :)

Edited by Egi vandor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Brave man.  🙂

 

I'm curious about the "S&C" method you mention for making a new gear strut for the Voodoo.  Do you have a link or more detailed description?

 

It means "from scrap and crap" :) i.e. from pieces of plastic, wire, syringe needles and other stuff, that missed the bin :)

It took near 15 minutes to make new gear strup from pieces of trash that i found on my working table :)

Edited by Egi vandor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Egi vandor said:

It means "from scrap and crap" :) i.e. from pieces of plastic, wire, syringe needles and other stuff, that missed the bin :)

It took near 15 minutes to make new gear strup from pieces of trash that i found on my working table :)

 

Ah, that makes perfect sense.  I maintain a varied S&C inventory on my own workbench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one is ready. I had Revell kit without decal and part of Italeri decal without kit. Maybe kit is undersized, maybe decal oversized, maybe both things together...

 

50629434086_478deebdd1_h.jpg

 

With Hasegawa "brother in arms"

 

50629434051_f1676c7f98_h.jpg

 

And with Starfix F-5C Skoshi Tiger

 

50628689648_e4e8d3e2ca_h.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...