F-86F-25 Hasegawa, 1/48

Hi comrades!

So, here my F-86F-25 USAF 53rd Fighter Day Squadron, Bitburg AB-Germany, mid 1950s finished.

The build is here

It was my first try of NMF, and I made a lot of critical mistakes in every possible area...

1) Hasegawa kit is fantastic! Built OOB with only addition of ejection seat by Quickboost. Decals was dead (after 20 years... - my fault), but some of them were cured with liquid decal film.

2) Prototype - I'm not a Sabre fun, so my basic research was limited just to find the right decals for the type of the wing in my box. A missed the Sidewinders...

3) Armycast decals are fantastic, but they don't forgive any mistakes. I distorted one of them, the other was just destroyed...Sad, but acceptable for the "try project".

4) I used the Gunze MC 218 like the base color. It was my major fault. The paint is fantastic, but not in the case You want to mask it and paint with other colors - its just lifts up with masking tape with or without gloss lacquer over it...My next NMF model was painted with different series of Gunze metallics.

Nevertheless, this "try project" finished.

IMG-8110.jpg
IMG-8112.jpg
IMG-8113.jpg
IMG-8114.jpg
IMG-8116.jpg
IMG-8117.jpg
IMG-8118.jpg
IMG-8119.jpg
IMG-8120.jpg
IMG-8121.jpg
IMG-8122.jpg
IMG-8125.jpg
IMG-8127.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 25
  • Sad 1

Looks great to me! The F-86 is my favorite jet. I know this was a first try, hopefully it will not be the last!

Thanks for sharing.

5 minutes ago, RadMax8 said:

hopefully it will not be the last

Thank You!

Definitely not the last! I just finished my next NMF jet - hope to make good photos in next two-three days... 

6 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Lovely job! One minor point: those Sidewinders shouldn't be there! I'm sure most won't notice though.

Thank You! About Sidewinders I was unaware and understood this too late. It's one of my most critical faults in this build. 

8 hours ago, SAT69 said:

A very well done model. You can be proud of it!

Thank you! I mostly proud of lessons I learned for the next NMF projects

5 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

That's a great looking Sabre, and I think the NMF is fantastic. Those markings are wonderful too. I wish my "real projects" came out as nice as your "try projects."

Cheers,

Mark

9 hours ago, RMCS said:

Fantastic 

12 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Nice looking build 👍

8 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Nice sabre

2 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

An excellent first try on the NMF.After nearly 45 years of modelling I still haven't got it right! Btw the Sabre is super nice.

Thank You!