1/32 Ground Crew

Tigers18

Hi all.

After many hours trawling modelling sites and the forum i've got my self at a dead end. I have a 1/32 SA330 Puma planned for a diorama to be done in RAF specs.

My issue is I can't seem to find any figures that would fit as modern RAF ground crew, i've got lots of bookmarked pages on items to go with them but no actual people.

Does anyone know anywhere that does them? Just generic engineers preferably able to be added to further down the line, but at the moment just normal modern day ground crew?

Seems that in the grand scale of things they've been forgotten about!

Thanks

B

2 hours ago, bhouse said:

There are quite a lot of 1:32 figures to be found around the world of slot car racing. Could they be a suitable basis for modding?

Here's an example.

Although not the grid girls, obviously...

I'd never even considered them but they look like they could fit well given a some hours of painting and chopping around involved.

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Would any of Reedoak's figures be suitable ?

Thanks for sharing Reedoak, more pricey but have specifics to pumas that would fit well. Definitely things to add to an evergrowing list for the project!

• 4 weeks later...

Italieri are due to release their NATO Pilots, Ground Crew & Accessories in 1/32 (IT2511) anytime soon. It's probably going to be similar to their 1/72 set (IT1246).

Hannants have it on their wishlist.

Unfortunately, the 1/32nd Italeri Pilots and Ground Crew set was first announced about three years ago and still hasn't appeared. I think it is rapidly heading for "urban myth" status. I live in hope that it will be produced someday, however.

Chris.