1/72 - Northrop (R)F-5E/F/N Tiger II by Wolfpack Design - 3D renders+ box art+sprues+test build - release in 2024

Homebee

2 hours ago, drake122 said:

Extended tail fin, IFR probe... looks like it will be worth the wait.

I'm looking forward to building a Brazilian F-5M so that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Hoops

3 hours ago, Violet Club said:

I hope that the kit will be accurate in shape and dimensions with fine recessed panel lines...

I think that's what we all hope, that and it won't cost an arm, three legs and a kidney!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And I’m hoping it will have accurate detailed canopy opening mechanisms that will allow the models to be posed with open canopies (only way I make my 1/72 models). Only Sword’s T-38 ever got it right but they were resin and no picnic to use.

• Like 5

Source: https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackd/posts/pfbid02MxPF5uK7pFrzquAomoQ89CfMboYPqGEBMq6JfJT16obajPgiqEui2eWznEiVWxv6l

We are in the final design oversight of the 1/72 F-5E/F Tiger II kit.

We are considering many options and variations such as basic Radome and Shark Nose types, LERX, AOA mounting directions, Extended Tail Fin, Antennas, External fuel tanks and Refueling Probe.

The modernized and improved versions of the F-5E/F and the RF-5E reconnaissance model are being planned in the next stage.

294850085-484855773447817-60135678015289

V.P.

• Like 7

On 7/25/2022 at 5:33 AM, Homebee said:

Hi there

Now I can see something missing from the old Italeri kit other than you must trash all the ordenance on that kit it lack of a simple but noticeable part as is the F-5F tail ballast

Regards

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER
missplelling

5 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

it lack of a simple but noticeable part as is the F-5f tail ballast

I believe the tail ballast is only required when the nose gun is fitted - US Adversary F's don't have it fitted, AFAIK.

Cheers,

Andre

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 2:31 AM, Hook said:

I believe the tail ballast is only required when the nose gun is fitted - US Adversary F's don't have it fitted, AFAIK.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi Andre,

Actually the tail ballast is fitted to the F-5F to counter the weight of the radar in the longer nose, so almost every F should have it. The only three that I am aware of that didn't have it were the original three Topgun F's 160964 through 160966 which had their radars removed to save weight. The RF-5E also has the ballast. HTH, Fred K.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:33 AM, Homebee said:

I'm SO looking forward to this kit! That Dream Model kit was such a rushed, poorly executed joke. Definitely a cash grab before Wolfpack does it right.

Honestly, I'd like to see Wolfpack skip the weapons, except for the fuel tanks, a pair of AIM-9s, and maybe an ACMI pod, and give us the options to build any variant of the E or F in every kit. By variant I mean, the original round nose, or the later duckbill nose, no LEX's or the later LEX's, extended tail fin, ect, not the ability to build an E, F or RF, out of every kit. We all have plenty of dumb bombs in our spares bins, and the Tiger was never cleared to carry much more than dumb bombs and rockets anyway. So personally, I'd rather have the option to build a late version Singapore jet, or an early extended tail fin Brazilian jet, or any other version from one kit. To help offset the cost of the tooling, and keep the price down, ditch the dumb bombs. My thoughts anyway.... Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
clarify
  • Like 8

On 7/21/2022 at 5:46 PM, Hoops said:

I'm looking forward to building a Brazilian F-5M so that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Hoops

Whats wrong with the Hobby Boss kit? I mean if we dont count the rather basic details.

31 minutes ago, Borisz said:

Whats wrong with the Hobby Boss kit? I mean if we dont count the rather basic details.

The way too short fixed canopy part. 

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook said:

The way too short fixed canopy part. 

Cheers,

Andre

Considering how the Hobbyboss kit is clearly "inspired" by the earlier Italeri kit, I often wondered how they managed to get the windscreen so wrong.... all they had to do was to keep being "inspired" by the Italian kit to get it right... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Borisz said:

The windscreen, as mentioned, is too short and the canopy isn't quite correct either with the angle of the rear frame being wrong. The ejector seat is around 1/100th scale and the cockpit carries over the lack of canopy opening mechanism from the Italeri kit. There's also no HUD glass.

The pilot figure isn't human.

The junction between the wingtips and missile rails are odd.

The intakes are too thick and a poor fit.

The horizontal tailplanes are way too thick.

The nose undercarriage leg scissors link is the wrong way round.

The airbrake petals have their hinges but no sockets to fit into nor operating rams.

Many major panel lines are missing.

All the decal options are for F-5N but the kit represents an E.

Other than that it's fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I built the Italeri when i was young.  I purchased the HB one wanting recessed panel lines.  I gave it away and that was a win for me.  It is a poor copy.

I'm very much looking forward to this kit.  I'll get a few Es and one F  (must build Jordan, Mexico, and then... so many good choices).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/wolfpackd/posts/pfbid02Mi73o46cLUfNSx1UBwdw3e3LGaj8eDx1t6UXTDYWRv5LNvTMXr1GMwepuPDLZGbTl

Our Final data for 1/72 F-5E/F Tiger II will be going to the mold factory next week. We look forward to seeing final results soon. And the design of other new tooling kit will start soon.

337283290-1226089094678937-3308853555229

V.P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Northrop (R)F-5E/F/N Tiger II (new tool) by Wolfpack Design - 3D renders+ box art F-5N - release Winter 2023-2024

The box art

Release expected in Winter 2023-2024.

- ref. WP10018 - Northrop F-5N Tiger II - US NAVY Agressor aircraft.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100057701940921&story_fbid=749037623696296

img-1-1695675175099.webp

- ref. WP10019 - Northrop F-5F Tiger II - US NAVY - Supersonic Light Fighter

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100057701940921&story_fbid=749078160358909

img-1-1695704755598.webp

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2