1/72 - Northrop (R)F-5E/F/N Tiger II by Wolfpack Design - 3D renders+ box art F-5N & F-5F+sprues - release in 2024

Homebee

Looking forward big time, I've been waiting for this news. I was almost worried Wolfpack had given up home-grown kits after the Buckeye, which is a lovely kit and comes with a really nice instruction manual. I remember from that kit it took ages after it was first announced to hit the shelves though.

Jay

• Like 1

Ok, I was going to post some crap about Wolfpack having already reboxed the ESCI kit only to learn that the F-5A has some substantial differences in fuselage length and wingspan with the F-5E, along with some other aspects.

So kudos to Wolfpack, this is good news.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 1

I think you'll find the F-5A and F-5E are quite different aircraft. The only F-5E kits out there at the moment are Italeri's with raised panel lines and a rather poor Hobby boss.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

Just now, Mountain goat said:

I think you'll find the F-5A and F-5E are quite different aircraft. The only F-5E kits out there at the moment are Italeri's with raised panels and a rather poor Hobby boss.

Jay

Yes I just realized that after reading up on it, see my corrected post above :D

I've got the Airfix/Heller F-5E's in a box somewhere, can't remember if they were any good though.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

Wolfpack-Desing confirms this morning on their facebook page various antenna options and an

optional fin with ADF antenna base (fin fillet) F-5E / F Tiger II for these export customers :

Brazil, Chile, Kenya, Morocco, Mexico, Singapore, Tunisia !

We also see on this most recent 3D illustration, the Leading Edge Root Extension / LERX and

the ''Sharknose'' radome.

Excellent!

This kit could become a Best Seller on the 1/72 scale kit market !

😎

SharkOwl

spacer.png

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

If we get original nose and LERX and shark nose with extended LERX I'll be a very happy bunny indeed, in fact it strikes me that would be a licence to print money...

• Like 2

Oh I am really looking forward to this ! The F-5E is a great subject for anyone with an interest in air forces of smaller countries and the number of possible schemes is incredible.

A modern kit of this aircraft is really welcome !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Oh bother. There's an Austrian flag in that row of flags in the illustration ...

It looks like the Airfix F-5e I have for my Austrian air force  project may need to be put on hold until this one arrives.

Of course, nothing stops me doing the  airfix one and then getting this one, too .......

17 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

AFV Club is from Taiwan, not from South Korea.

Other than that, a new 1/72 F-5E/F would be a very nice thing.

yeah, My mistake, sorry

44 minutes ago, Whofan said:

It looks like the Airfix F-5e I have for my Austrian air force  project may need to be put on hold until this one arrives....

Fair warning - odds are it'll be a long wait..!

Jay

• Haha 1

Definitely keeping an eye out for this one, one of the most attractive aircraft ever designed IMO, and as a previous poster alluded to a huge number of possible schemes.

I built one of the Hobbyboss kits last year, an enjoyable enough build but rather basic to say the least. I was seriously considering buying a second but will put that on hold for now.

Can anyone confirm who does the tooling for Wolfpack Design, l have a feeling it is the people who do Academy kits.

Regards

Robert

I’ll take ten please!  I like the Italeri but the subject could use 21st century molding.

It would be nice if the T-38 could get the same treatment so I could retire my dreadful Hasegawa kits.

Best regards....Duncan

• 4 months later...
On 4/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, misterblank said:

I’ll take ten please!  I like the Italeri but the subject could use 21st century molding.

It would be nice if the T-38 could get the same treatment so I could retire my dreadful Hasegawa kits.

Best regards....Duncan

I believe that Sword released a very nice T-38 in 1/72 scale