Decals For Bf109E-3... Looking For Something Different

CharleyGnarlyP290

I have an 1/48 Eduard Weekend Edition Bf109E-3. Being a Weekend Edition it has one decal/color scheme. I am not one to do the usual stuff, so I would like to do something a little different.

Can anyone point me to some decal sets that might offer some good alternatives to the norm?

1 minute ago, CharleyGnarlyP290 said:

Can anyone point me to some decal sets that might offer some good alternatives to the norm?

Have a browse at Hannants. 

Some alternatives to the norm,  try non German.  

Romanian (an Airfix option)

Bulgarian (there's a few variations of markings including one the last post war) 

Swiss (needs some minor modifications)

RAF captured Dark Green/Dark Earth over yellow undersides,  could be done with leftover roundels and serial.

Spanish (also an Airfix option) 

Slovakian

searching will bring up images of all the above

HTH

I looked for that kit a while ago. Note the difference between Airfix's version of the 109 compared to a photo of the aircraft above. I admit to a few errors in mine, especially the trailing edge colour demarcations of the port wing and there was a lot more going on with the fuselage colors than I what I presented

31 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I had wondered if the French A.F. or the Vichy French A.F. used or tested any. Thanks for posting this. 

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109E/Captured/pages/French-AF-later-RAF-AE476-Bf-109E3-1.JG76-White-1-WNr-1304-captured-France-22nd-Nov-1939-03.html

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I had wondered if the French A.F. or the Vichy French A.F. used or tested any. Thanks for posting this. 

There is some info on this in the above Wikipedia article that I posted above. The French apparently captured some E3s (and a D) and put their markings on them prior to the occupation. There is an article on the Vichy Air Force on Wikipedia and it lists a lot of aircraft that they used but the 109 isn't present. Obviously this is only very basic research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_French_Air_Force

• Thanks 1