Junkers Ju87 B-2 Stuka

Hi all, I hope everyone is safe and staying healthy through this tough time. :)

This is my Tamiya 1:48 Ju87 B-2 Stuka from 2/StG2 - Russia, July 1941. I used poor modelling skills, Tamiya paints and thinner, and Iwata airbrush. The kit is great and the model nearly comes together on its own. Thanks for letting me share.

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_14:46:44 AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_15:00:31 AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_14:59:09 AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_14:57:11 AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_14:55:48 AdobePhotoshopExpress_2020_04_14_15:02:59

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

Well, I've repeatedly scanned the pics to find evidence of 'poor modelling skills' - but I couldn't find any.  Outstanding build and superb finish.

You mentioned using an Iwata airbrush - can I ask which one, as I am looking at Iwata kit at the moment...

Edited by Werdna
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the nice words guys, much appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Werdna said:

Well, I've repeatedly scanned the pics to find evidence of 'poor modelling skills' - but I couldn't find any.  Outstanding build and superb finish.

You mentioned using an Iwata airbrush - can I ask which one, as I am looking at Iwata kit at the moment...

Hi Werdna, I use the Iwata Ecipse hp-cs. It is a wonderful airbrush in my opinion- versatile and clean up is easy. There are  more expensive airbrushes and finer needles that spray finer but this one seems to be a good quality. 

2 hours ago, Robert_ said:

Thanks for the nice words guys, much appreciated. 

Hi Werdna, I use the Iwata Ecipse hp-cs. It is a wonderful airbrush in my opinion- versatile and clean up is easy. There are  more expensive airbrushes and finer needles that spray finer but this one seems to be a good quality. 

Thanks Robert - that's exactly the brush I was looking at.. :) 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

16 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Poor modeling skills?  Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? 😄  Man alive, that bird looks great!   Great job Robert! :clap2:

Thanks Gary, hope you're well through this tough time. Looking forward to your next model.

1 hour ago, Robert_ said:

Thanks guys.

Thanks Gary, hope you're well through this tough time. Looking forward to your next model.

Thank you Robert for your concern! 🍻  Yes, I'm well so far, as is the rest of the family with my daughter and her family near Dallas and our son's bunch down near Austin.  We do terribly miss seeing them in person though.   We have about 9 cases of the virus in our rural county so far and there is a risk of course.   I hope you're well too.   I do have a couple models underway; a Meteor prototype, almost finished, that is just waiting for custom-made decals and an F-84E Thunderjet that is about halfway done.  Gotta get busy and attach the horizontal surfaces and she'll soon be ready for her SnJ finish.    Thanks for your interest my friend!  😀

• Like 1