A Tough Day in Burma

Gloss coat on today as well as some more finer details.

going to be a stretch to finish this by Sunday.

I just have the decals, exhaust, and final weathering remaining.

2 hours ago, Beazer said:

going to be a stretch to finish this by Sunday.

You must have missed it, but the Group Build has been extended until July 19 - so you have an extra week!

(I think it should be extended to 'permanent'... but thats just me!😉)

This is looking really good... and I am looking forward to seeing your next couple of posts and when its is opened up again... I really liked your cockpit and attention to detail... so you can take your time to get this done with no need to rush. You have nearly two weeks...!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bill Livingston said:

You must have missed it, but the Group Build has been extended until July 19 - so you have an extra week!

(I think it should be extended to 'permanent'... but thats just me!😉)

This is looking really good... and I am looking forward to seeing your next couple of posts and when its is opened up again... I really liked your cockpit and attention to detail... so you can take your time to get this done with no need to rush. You have nearly two weeks...!!!

Definitely missed it.  Whew.  I should still be able to have her done by this weekend but now at least if something comes up I won’t worry.

• Like 1

50089157916_9f1e900ae4_b.jpg

50088581588_434acd41d0_b.jpg

Stencilling will be next.  The W was just a tiny bit bigger than the other letters but its really hard to tell.

Not sure how much weathering I will add as that's up to the brother in law and he will have to get back to me on it.

I kept the serial number for the DG R Spitfire as I cant find this ones and he also flew the spitfire with these serial numbers.

• Like 5

50106460633_282dbd0565_b.jpg

50107269542_38a9accd2f_b.jpg

50107269537_a62703f1b9_b.jpg

Decaling complete aside from the ones on the inside of the door.  

Completed the exhaust and installed the assembly and have the top cowling glued on.  To me Eduard really made this bit overly complicated and they really didn’t need to.  I had to do a little trimming to get it to mate up correctly with the resin cowl.

I need to touch up a couple spots with paint and then I will be moving on to weathering,  I’ve been told to beat it up.  
Glad I have the extra week.

• Like 6

Did some reddish washes on the Spit.  Going to do some chipping and scratching tonight and seal it with a flat coat.  Then all I need to do is the exhaust stains.  I’ll be done tomorrow 

• Like 1

50128266941_c12f9c38b8_b.jpg

Here's a quick pic.  Some inspiration to finish the build before midnight. 

All that really remains is the mirrors and handhold for the cockpit frame.  Ill get er done!

50128622862_2dea96586e_b.jpg

Down to the wire and now the quest to find a display case and base for it.

Still wish I knew the original aircraft' serial number but alas that may be lost to history.

I tested out some sun fading techniques and they worked well in my eyes.  Even if my iPads photos didn't show it very well.

Finished this build with so much work that's been thrust my way.  Fortunate for me during this time.  Even if its the railroad.  

I really would prefer this in my display case as I feel its one of my better works lately.  Even if a bit rushed.  In person the shades and colours seem just what I envisioned which makes me pleased enough to give away to my brother in law.

Sourcing that W really was essential and I feel made it that much more sentimental so I hope that he likes it.

He's already stated how the same man flew Tiger Moth's and Harvards in Neepawa and Moose Jaw.  Lucky for him I have the right kits all ready for next year and plan on giving him more surprises.

Makes this hobby that much better when there's a real life connection, story, and purpose to creating these pieces of art.

• Like 3