Hobby Boss 1/48 (ish) SAAB J-29F Tunnan

Hi all, here is the latest build off the production line Hobby Boss' 1/48 (actually nearer to 1/51) SAAB J-29F Tunnan.

By no means the most accurate kit but what it lacks in accuracy it more than makes up for in terms of ease of build. there is barely a smidge of filler anywhere on the kit and it has been a very enjoyable build. I painted it with Vallejo metallic paints and Gunze for the camouflage and used decals from Moose Republic which are light years ahead of the truly awful ones which come with the kit. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For those of you interested here is a link to the WIP;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067561-good-grief-some-idiots-bought-the-hobby-boss-tunnan-and-hes-going-to-build-it/

And please check out the other fantastic builds in the ongoing excellent Nordic GB that this was built as part of. As usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Thanks for looking.

Craig.

• Like 31

Very nice clean build. I've never seen a Tunnan in camouflage and the plane looks very good in it. I can live with the scale deficiency of the kit, given it's not a difficult build. Thanks for showing us your work.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Very nice build 

Thanks Rich, much appreciated.

5 hours ago, MarkSH said:

Yes, I agree with the other comments a great build and I think a really cool colour combination, very well executed.

Thanks Mark, it is a nice combination of NMF and camouflage paint.

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Great job craig 👍 ,and i see you've taken advantage of the marvellous weather

Cheers Glynn, yes taking full advantage of the nice weather and extra time at home.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, exdraken said:

wow!

really nice result!

love it! 🥰

Thanks Werner.

10 hours ago, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

Thanks, much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

That's very nice and an unusual subject too! :clap2: The underside view really shows the influence of the Ta-183 doesn't it?  🙂

Cheers Gary, yes there certainly are elements of the Ta-183 in the design.

That's very nice..................is it the Congo scheme but with Swedish markings instead of UN markings?

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are all keeping well. I'm just trying to catch up with stuff and realised you have managed to get this finished and into the RFI section. And what a stunner it is too. Absolutely beautiful modelling, paintwork and awesome finish. I think this is one of your best yet!! The close-up show off your talents for this modelling lark brilliantly!

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. I hope you and yours are all keeping well. I'm just trying to catch up with stuff and realised you have managed to get this finished and into the RFI section. And what a stunner it is too. Absolutely beautiful modelling, paintwork and awesome finish. I think this is one of your best yet!! The close-up show off your talents for this modelling lark brilliantly!

Take care and stay well.

Kind regards,

Stix

Blimey Stix, you nearly made me blush! Thank you so much for your extremely kind comments, if I can get anywhere near as good as you get by using a brush then I will be a happy man.

All well at this end health wise mate, work have taken the opportunity of the virus to impose some interesting new shifts and terms and conditions on me which is not good but I'm on furlough at the minute so I can at least get more modelling done!

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

Outstanding Craig.  This is one to be proud of. :goodjob:

My compliments!!!

Mike

Thank you Mike that is very kind of you.

• Thanks 1