Greetings Brits...

Well i think I was able to figure out how to post a few photos finally...  I still don't know why it finally worked, so let me know if you CAN or CAN'T see these...  I think it had something to o with installing the 'googlephotos App' on my computer...  So I will try and post this...  This forum gave me a huge help on getting the right RAF Dark Green and I wanted to show the result here...  This Tamiya new tool Spitfire in 1/48 with excellent Xtradecal Battle of Britain Decals...  The pilot and harness are from the kit...  This is an excellent kit and makes me look good!  I highly recommend it!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am redoing the post...  Can you see this?

I want to express thanks to the guys on this forum who posted color photos and offered assistance to save this model.  I just started using Mr. Color and it really is nice paint.  However I grabbed the C23 Dark Green, dark earth and sky to do this model.  I assumed these were all the right colors to use as they were all close to the same grouping of the color range in Mr Color (and it says 'RAF dark green' on the bottle)!  It resulted in the green that is on the model to the right, and compared to the 1/72 Spit on the left (done 20 years ago) in Testors Model Master RAF colors, its clear that the C23 Mr Color is far too light...

spacer.png

This was the contrast I got! Obviously the wrong RAF Dark Green (even though it says it on the bottle)...  

spacer.png

So thankfully it was recommended on this forum to try XF81 Tamiya Dark Green...  And that saved the model...  I replaced the mask, touched up the pre-shade, and painted the XF81.

Thanks for the help Britmodellers!  It looks like a proper spitfire now!

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tokyo Raider said:

ok, well then it just wont work...  I have tried everything...

Sorry guys...

try Flickr,  you get 1000 photo for free.   I find it works well. 

there are other options

have a look here 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/15-faqs/

various threads on photo hosting.   

One thought, is your google photos on a public setting?  it maybe on a private setting perhaps?