RFI: Tamiya P51B (2nd attempt at posting Photos)

Greetings Britmodellers!  I had problems posting photos before...  Let me know if you can see them now!

I just recently joined this forum, and have always admired and been inspired by the models you guys posted...  So now its my turn...  I have a large collection of kits (mostly 1/72) and just converted to 1/48 because I am getting too old for the tiny models...  So I have built a few 1/48 kits since Christmas and basically am having a much better time of it with the larger scale.  I built alot as a kid, but now really rejoining this excellent hobby again as an old man!  I am learning how to weather and pre-shade by watching excellent build videos on youtube and trying it out on each model...  The original Shangra La airplane was really clean so I did not apply exhaust or hard weathering...

I just finished this model a few days ago and thought to post it...  I built a 1/48 Tamiya P-51B straight from the box with the included kit pilot painted up to add some life to the model...  I used Gunsie Mr. Color Olive Drab from the jar, and Neutral Grey I lightened about 5%...  I still use my Paasche Single action H-airbrush with an H-1 Tip from the 1970's!  I just started using the Mr. Color and really love it...  It gives a very durable coating.  The decals are aftermarket (so probably technically this is not straight from box, but its the only change) Life Like decals for Shangra La and also the sheet has a very tempting Man O' War P51D with cammo decals that I may also make...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pSTaXWr86roJVr65A

Well...  I am giving up.  I have tried several photo sharing sites, pasted in the links every way possible and it never works.  I pasted the link into the text above...  But thats the closest I got.  When I paste the photo links into the Britmodeller image link spot...  the field just turns pink over the link I pasted in and it wont accept the photos...

Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong?  I have reread the hints on how to paste in photos...  but it just doesnt work for me.  Does this not work for shutterfly or googlephotos?

BTW, I have no problem posting photos on my model train forum!

I was able to get some up on the original post, but only I could see the photo!

So I am giving up britmodeller...  cant get it to work...

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Can you guys see this picture?  This was from a thumbnail in searching google for the picture and using THAT URL...  But the URL and directlinks in google will not paste into brit modeller...

trying another address...

Can you see the image below?  I can!

spacer.png

Edited by Tokyo Raider

Glyn-  Thanks very much for the reply...  Is it the last two that are visible?  Now I am trying to figure out what was different that time!

Its a simple matter to paste in the URL, but there is something wrong in the way the URL that I must be getting...

I only see the thumbnail in Post #2. The only way I've been able to post my photos here is to first post them on another site, right click on the photo to get "View Image", copy the URL and then paste here

Edited by fubar57

You're half way there, once you have your photos uploaded to an image provider, it all depends on your how browser allows to save an image:

-  pick the actual image by  physically viewing it, right click your mouse anywhere on it, and a menu pops up where your pointer was. 

- select Copy Image Location with a left click of the mouse. 

- your image is now ready to paste to the forums, just right click in the window you are typing your post and select paste, like so:

9LDDscShInM-5GWc3zC4bstdY0Ajewj_IOalyRex

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackG said:

You're half way there, once you have your photos uploaded to an image provider, it all depends on your how browser allows to save an image:

-  pick the actual image by  physically viewing it, right click your mouse anywhere on it, and a menu pops up where your pointer was. 

- select Copy Image Location with a left click of the mouse. 

- your image is now ready to paste to the forums, just right click in the window you are typing your post and select paste, like so:

I Wish it was that easy!  It was not...  These had to be converted with the google pictures converter...  AND the APP needed to be loaded on my computer...  Then it started working!  So I had a few more steps, but its because of googlephotos...