What if - RSAF F-20 Tigershark

Hello everybody, my first post here and first kit after a long long time so be gentle please🙃.

Kit is mainly OOB with addition of some scratchbuilt details (door bays and landing gear, ejection seat, gun barrels).

The idea was what if Republic of Singapore Airforce acquired F-20 Tigershark to replace it's F-5 Tigers🤔.

Kit: 1/72 Hasegawa F-20 Tigershark

Decals: Aztecmodels decals, Republic of Singapore Airforce, 141 Sqn

Paint: Vallejo primer and Ammo Mig acrylics & varnish

Weathering: Ammo Mig washes and Oilbrushers, AK Interactive weathering pencils

Extra's: Hasegawa weapons set 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ks19Yjd2ZYoZWwvN8

Edited by boss07
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I remember building this kit several years ago as another "what if" and putting it in Netherlands AF markings in an F-16 style camouflage. Your build brought that back to my memory. Of course, my build wasn't nearly as nice as yours and didn't have the weapons fit yours has. I think you'll agree, it's a great kit; easy build and it just looks right. Thanks for showing your model. Great work!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I remember building this kit several years ago as another "what if" and putting it in Netherlands AF markings in an F-16 style camouflage. Your build brought that back to my memory. Of course, my build wasn't nearly as nice as yours and didn't have the weapons fit yours has. I think you'll agree, it's a great kit; easy build and it just looks right. Thanks for showing your model. Great work!

Thanks!Yes I agree, lovely kit of a lovely plane.

The Tigershark is really nice and if the F16s weren't around during that time,the F20 would have been a popular purchase.Singapore ( in fact some of the South Asian F5 users too ) was keen on it.Love the weathering but honestly it's a well known fact that RSAF won't allow their planes to be that shabby!

• Thanks 1