HMS King George V 1/350

Well this is my rendition of KGV depicting the ship in British Pacific Fleet pattern 1945

I started on this a long time ago as my start to 1/350 scale PE but soon found that I need more practice with smaller kits so it has been on the shelf for a while. I have another kit in the stash which I will attempt to build another in the class from in the future after I have a bit more practice so this time on my hands should help with that.

WIP here

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983828-hms-king-george-v/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 38
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Alpha Juliet said:

Cracking!

23 minutes ago, whitestar12chris said:

Ill second that, a cracking job Beefy.

All the best Chris

Thanks Gent's

4 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Wonderful portrayal of a magnificent ship

Julian will be impressed

Stay safe

Kev

Cheers Kev I should be getting some extra time in at the bench now on Furlough so going for a Big one to fill in the time more practise with the PE

And you Stay Safe mate  :yes:

beefy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gisbod said:

Lovely Beefy! Very impressive. 

They’re big aren’t they? Do you display them?

Guy

Hi Guy @Gisbod yes a bit big I do display my models around the house and at some shows during the year when things are back to normal I belong to Washington Model Club and we do about 8 shows in the year but sooo many have been cancelled already

1 hour ago, JohnWS said:

Another beefy beauty!  :clap2:

John

Cheers John 

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

Very impressive build, looks fantastic on the sea base, really brings it to life

Thank you

22 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Very nice build and a great setting too.

16 hours ago, Courageous said:

Another fantastic build and the sea base is your best yet.

Stuart

15 hours ago, vf143_tomcat said:

Nice build , well done

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is just wonderful Beefy, possibly my favourite battleship class & you have more than done it justice.

Steve.

Thanks again for all the very kind comments Gent's

Steve I totally agree with you on that they are a very good looking class of ships :yes:

beefy

• Like 1

Excellent build Beefy! I've had one of these in the stash for a few years and always been a bit scared to tackle it because of the size and complexity. One day maybe......

Terry

• Like 1

Stunning work Keith! 😃

5 years in the making and she's a beauty! Well, I know I'm biased given she's my favorite ship/class but your rendition is something you can really be proud of!

I think our 2 kings would look great alongside each other as well as sharing a similar build length!

Thanks for sharing mate! 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:13 PM, Rob 1 said:

Superb work - always good to see this legendary class of British battleships, and this doesn't disappoint.

Cheers Rob

18 hours ago, RussellE said:

Stunning work Keith! 😃

5 years in the making and she's a beauty! Well, I know I'm biased given she's my favorite ship/class but your rendition is something you can really be proud of!

I think our 2 kings would look great alongside each other as well as sharing a similar build length!

Thanks for sharing mate! 🙂

Cheers Russell and thanks for the help if it was not for your build I doubt very much that I would have had the inspiration to get this one finished

Stay safe

beefy

• Like 1

They were indeed a legendary class of ship!

Also quite deceiving when one considers building a model of them: at first they seem quite simplistic; but as you drill down into the build you realize just how detailed they were.

Again, great work Keith 🙂

• Thanks 1