Danish Lynx

F4u

I'm doing a Revell 1/32 Lynx as a Danish version , would the Eduard 1/32 Lynx MK88 interior set be ok to use?

Thanks.

Danish Lynx is a Mk90.

This thread may help with your cockpit -

I was doing some research on making a (now abandoned idea) 1/48 Airfix Navy Lynx into a Brazilian Navy Lynx (very similar to the Danish Lynx as far as I could tell) and found that the photoetch sets by Eduard were possibly not the best route for doing the IP and interior due to the need to cut "bitsa" this and "bitsa" that off each IP, best to cut up the decals as you can make a "bitsa" cockpit out of them far easier.  Would take both Eduard PE sets in 1/48 to do the job.

YMMV in 1/32 of course.

Edited by RobL

2 hours ago, Jens said:

That depends on how correct you want your Lynx to be. The Danish cockpit was quite different.

Jens

Hi Jen's,

That's what I thought. Might have to go with the MK88 , nothing for MK90?

2 hours ago, RobL said:

Danish Lynx is a Mk90.

This thread may help with your cockpit -

I was doing some research on making a (now abandoned idea) 1/48 Airfix Navy Lynx into a Brazilian Navy Lynx (very similar to the Danish Lynx as far as I could tell) and found that the photoetch sets by Eduard were possibly not the best route for doing the IP and interior due to the need to cut "bitsa" this and "bitsa" that off each IP, best to cut up the decals as you can make a "bitsa" cockpit out of them far easier.  Would take both Eduard PE sets in 1/48 to do the job.

YMMV in 1/32 of course.

Thanks Rob.

10 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

My build thread here is slowly sorting out some of the differences:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235066905-148-lynx-danish-style/

Martian 👽

Thanks Martain.

Edited by F4u

13 hours ago, Jens said:

No, unfortunately no dedicated photo etch sets for the Danish Lynx. You will have to mix and match existing sets, I'm afraid.

Jens

I can get all the instruments apart from the screen that is on the left hand side (courtesy of Airscale thanks Peter).

I should be able to scratch the screen.

Thanks for your photos Jen's I still have them for reference.

Stay safe.

• Like 1