71 'Eagle' Squadron MkIIa

Now that I am down to 1 build  in progress - it is time to start another , so for this GB my first build will be the Revell  1/72nd Scale Mk IIa Spitfire

I will be making custom markings for :  71 Squadron based at RAF North Weald August 41 - Sept 41 when they received their first Spitfires , converting from Hurricane Mk I  and Mk IIa

The aircraft markings will be XR-D P3708 as flown by P/O Bill 'Poppy' Dunn , the 1st American Fighter Ace 

Kit and Sprue Shots

vWSqcYg.jpg

vQuQQ1I.jpg

• Like 5

Plastic has been , cut , paint and glue on the fingers , not much changes in 40+ years of making models!! 

The Sparse interior has been started , It did make me laugh this whole kit has less parts than are required to make the weapons / fuel tanks on the F-18A I am building in the Navy GB 

rcQeVe2.jpg

RVFHPKg.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

A week at work , and your WiP is on Page 4, we love a spitfire ! 

Anyway everything has been buttoned up, Primed, coat of Tamiya Ocean Gray XF82 (always looks too dark to me) - Bad me no photos !   Some funky masking , My wife commented was that the correct camo colours ;) and a coat of XF-81 Dark Green2 (RAF)

a5KLZxD.jpg

LasEuL8.jpg

Undersides will be painted over the weekend and I will make the custom decals or masks if I borrow the Cricut off the wife :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...