Hasegawa Lamborghini Miura SV

Still working through my old pics, I think this was the next one that I completed - Hasegawa's amazing Miura SV.  No prizes for guessing the reason for this colour!  The wheels were the kit chrome with several applications of a gold wash (just thinned humbrol enamel) to tone them down and bring out the detail.

y4mbJFkn8XDYDosM1N1p2zL4e1uLp7JaNIx9HioB

y4mU004XWT8usFaPk-2OcqftRooH2VEnRQVzmMb3

y4mAju2dgZ5laBr0gy_x0Efv3xPgZ4QPFjdjK0av

y4mlxdWpXgw_C9HUJKVB7WhyPis1GLquAroSfBI-

y4mA3r-RH9rrA2FaFFX0BKu9kBQHproFGngh1pE-

Whilst there are no opening panels, there is still a huge amount of detail to this kit  e,g. the filler cap visible through the front vents:

y4mc8lRmliIat3h6iVtP5vVX6gf6UTzwLnuJqZ7n

and the metal transfers included plenty for the interior too:

y4mz66jwHbVvWwH9yoTImL-_bBNryh3pBmFO3nDJ

y4mlwuagRoNXEIvIouGz9rkgGgHJ2sSwtLPS0XW2

y4mamWuAAalsK0d3IJRehn25nxgGdnA1orZEW0BO

and underside:

y4mfHdXDKrPCIkUJMvPnkdEWr1mpkErb4SpABl2A

y4mb4iwXHZdMjsfFxeOfnp3XcckXPDI_JnN3nFFx

The top of the engine is intended to be visible through the rear vents but once assembled, it's difficult see (or photograph), so here's a pic before the body was fitted:

y4mTwf0cZl85fdibRQk0fW2SFbHoQv9hqDFGcqAk

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Absolutely stunning finish, and I presume before Mr Beckerman took ownership and was "dealt" with by the Mafia?

Thank you, and yes - a great film intro (until the tunnel)!  I read much more recently that apparently his car had white headrests with the rest of the white trim was swapped out to black just for the filming.  Now all I need to build is three fast cars and a few Mini Coopers.

7 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Lovely build, lovely car and a great job. Nice to see that I'm not the only one with a liking for orange Lamborghinis ;) It does seem odd to see a Miura with no 'eyelashes' though.

Thanks!  It's strange that Hasegawa didn't do the regular P400 or P400S with the lashes, as that was one of the distinct features of the Miura's design, but I guess that it they would have been very delicate to mold.  I think there may be a PE set available though.

• Haha 1

Now that Revell are doing a new tool E Type Series 1, hopefully that means there will finally be one that has got the nose 100% correct.  Now if only someone would do some decent tooling '60s Astons...

• Like 1

On days like these, I love seeing my all time favourite car. Especially one as finely turned out as this. Always loved this car since I first saw the Italian Job as a kid. I thought it looked like a GT40, but with bags more style. What can I say, excellent work.

• Thanks 1